Leinart struggling

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I know one thing for sure. White or black or whatever Young's passing so far in the NFL has not been spectacular or even average. It is also quite evident, black, white or whatever that he has issues mechanically and as predicted by many isn't as effective taking snaps from center. IMO it is all about being productive. Nobody cares what color the Qb is, they do care if he is productive. We also know that college stats don't mean squat in the NFL and there have been some guys coming out of college that put up some enormous stats and black, white or whatever were never successfull at the NFL level.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

who cares. Funny the only people screaming the race card are Young's groupies. I could care less one way or the other. He is what he is. Everyone has opinions on his strengths and weaknesses. But it seems if you disagree with his groupies you are a racist. Give me a break.

3. zackmann

zackmann Guest

This kind of post, IMO, is why this subject goes badly...race can effect ones perception of a subject without that person being a racist...

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

We'll prove this again when Troy Smith comes out. It will be the same old story. He has what 2 interceptions, and I can guarantee you, he will be compared to Michael Vick. It is racial. They already do it. Mark my words. He will be an inaccurate passer who is a great althete. Same old story. The stats support the fact he is indeed accurate.

His qb rating is 175 and his completion percentage in 67%.

Watch.

In fact, lookee here,

"
    4. Troy Smith, QB Ohio State (Senior)
    After being considered a pure running quarterback for the first couple years of his college career, Troy Smith burst onto the scene with a huge 2005 season. Smith threw for a surprising 2,282 yards and 16 touchdowns (with just 4 interceptions) in the Buckeye's run-first offense, while still rushing for 611 yards and 11 touchdowns. At 6'1 215, Smith does not have ideal size, and may project to receiver in the NFL. However, he appears to have an NFL-caliber arm, and if he builds on last season's performance, NFL teams could very well give him a look at quarterback."

What do you know. A WR? lol.

www.nfldraftclass.com.

Same old story.

5. Sledge

Sledge Guest

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Troy Smith will be better than Seneca Wallace that's for sure. Viqueens should take a shot at him, and if not, I see the Browns take him in the 3rd

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Tell that to the people throwing around the labels. Not the one's critiquing his footwork or his delivery. He's in the NFL now. Just like Andre Woolfolk, and Tyrone Calico.

Let's hope he's not one of them.

8. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

I suppose I'm to take this meaning is that you don't think VY is productive. I can see how you can come to this conclusion in 3 games.:rolleyes:

I can also see how in 3 games his passing has improved but that is not noteworthy also.

Oh! And I can see how that the main concern was that he couldn't take snaps from under center. But he has been able to do that as well.

You bring up points that he has disproven or is disproving each week. If you don't like him just say so. Don't continue to reach for ineffective excuses as to why you think he isn't productive after.....3 games.

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I haven't watched Smith very much, but I really like what I've seen from Wallace. Guess we're about to find out how good he actually is since it looks like he'll be starting the next few weeks.

10. zackmann

zackmann Guest

I don't see alot of people throwing around the racist label, except for those that get defensive about race and think people are calling them a racist...

i don't agree with throwing around the racist label....it only degrades the discussion...and anyone that just throws the racist label out there in every discussion about race is ignorant...

i agree with these statements...

austin bill said:
    phislammajamma said:
    like I said earlier...I think race has an effect on people's perceptions of certain situations, and nfl quarterback is one of them....

but I don't feel that just b/c race influences someone's opinion they are racists and shouldn't be labeled as such.

earlier in this thread I complained of the treatment that young is getting from the nfl talking heads...I don't think he and leinart are being held to the same standard...that is unfair....race may have something to do with it, but that doesn't mean anybody is a racist....those are two different things...and lots of other factors go into vince and leinart being judged differently...

so when people are trying to have an honest discussion about the perception of a black qb and people respond thinking they are being called a racist, the discussion is going nowhere...

much like this discussion will end up going nowhere...so why I am even responding and continuing it? I don't know, I guess I like to slack at work and the titans message board helps avoid work....:))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar