Leinart Would Enjoy Reunion with Chow

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Trading up is a very very bad idea. One QB will be there for us. No need to mortgage the future when either or will be there, regardless of who anyone feels is better. Just not a good move.

Wow, you must really want Matt Leinart.

2. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

Didn't Chow say Matt is no Carson....I think that sums it up. Chow did not push hard for Mike Williams last year and won't for Matt this year either. This is Reese's show....even Fisher has to deal with that fact.

When we took McNair, I never, ever imagined him bringing us to a Super Bowl...after all the playoff misses with Warren Moon....remember the "Dare McNair" defenses he faced early on. I am glad I was wrong. Vince Young took a Texas team on his shoulders and won a I-A national championship...judging from that (as well as his many other positive attributes), my expectations for him in the NFL are greater than those I had for McNair coming out of I-AA Alcorn State.

IMO, if we were picking #1 instead of #3, I'd still pick Young.

3. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

Agree. Besides, Young is 6'5", while Vick is 6'0". Young is a natural leader, while Vick is not. The comparisons of these two should end there...plain and simple.

4. Bizz21

Bizz21 Guest

We all know the comparison between Young and McNair. We also know that Young seems to have more to give them Vick and Yes, McNair led us to a Super Bowl with his style. BUT, the league is too fast now. Defenses are just way too fast. Look at the two super bowl teams, both QB's are pocket passers, they don't make mistakes, and let their defense and/or run game win the game. Therefore, we either need a pocket passer, HAWK, or D'Brick.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I don't think defenses will ever be able to stop a mobile qb. No matter how fast they are. Because frankly if he gets out he can get 10 yards. If you spy he simply throws into single coverage. It's too simple. The qb draw is just deadly too, because you have to cover the 5 wr's, there is almost no way to defend it even if you have speed.

McNair's real strength was somehow getting 10 to 15 late in a game. It was like magic. He's one of the few qb's who could engineer a 75 yard 2 minute drive and never throw the ball. He'd just run and somehow he'd get a 15 yard penalty on the D in there. It was an amazing thing to watch.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

With the right protection and recievers Young could torch an NFL secondary. You must be drinking drano. Defenses are too fast? That's jibber jabber. You might as well come out and say that passing skills and mobility are mutually exclusive. Next thing you know you will attempt to debunk Galieo's :suspect:"theory":suspect: that the Earth revolves around the sun. Give me a break. What? Does mobility lead to herpes simplex 2 now? Please... you are erupting like Mt. Saint BS over here...

7. titan west

titan west Guest

wow

I still think Leinart makes the team better, w/Giles in the second and hire some mercs for the D. yes

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Sure. I agree with that.

9. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I hate how this post season alot of people are harping on the success of the pure passer. This season the net average rushing yards per game for the QBs that made it to the playoffs is 4 yards. But this stat doesnt tell the story. For the last time that i can remember in the last decade none of the following QBs were in the playoffs: McNair, McNabb, Culpepper, or Vick. A post season without one of these players or another mobile quarter back prolly wont happen for another decade.

The fact of the matter is when a mobile QB is in a offense that compliments his best attributes and has the correct personel around him, THEY ARE NEARLY UNSTOPABLE. DBs can play the pass too hard bc they know the QB may pull it and torch them for 20. The dbs cant play the run too hard bc they know a field stretching reciever will torch them for a touchdown. This scenario was seen with the Vikings in Moss's last year and in TO's first year with the eagles. The pure passer limits the options of the offense too much

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Many teams have the DE's spy Vick instead of rushing the passer which gives them a long time to make a throw from the pocket. When they do a running play, the backside DE doesn't need to be blocked, freeing up the tackle to go after a linebacker because the DE has to watch for the qb sweep. I guess since he isn't a "pure passer", he automatically can't win lols. But remember, Matt Leinart is a pure passer even though he had a lower qb rating than Young !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar