Lendale White is The Man!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

We agree that Hall is a special player, yet he lacks some in his footwork, something that gets White to the goal line. This was evident in the Indy game. There were times that if Hall had "quick feet" he could have gotten beyond the initial arm tackle.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I like our 2 back system where we keep both guys fresh and we get maximum production from both. I think lendale is more than just a glorified zach crocket short yardage guy. He proved that last year when he was our main back and crocket in the entire 2002 season for the raiders had 8 TDs while lendale is already above that.

CJ has played great for us and has proven himself to be a great pick. As for comparing him to faulk i don't see that because CJ is more of an attacking downhill runner than faulk was. Also faulk was far more productive as a receiver but we can expect CJ to become more a part of the passing game over time.

CJ sure in the hell is a better runner than bush and is not just a speed back but a complete runner. If he can be the pass receiver that reggie is he will be as good as anyone. The big if of course is can he stay healthy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Imagine CJ with a full off-season working on his receiving. :yes:

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Doesn't really help our current Wide Receivers...

5. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

I think we need to use L.White ONLY on short yardage situations AND occasionally to give CJ a break. Granted, against teams like KC or Cincy or the Texans, L.White can have a very productive day if used in the right situations. What I like about the two of them is CJ, is sooo explosive that he can nearly "knock the wind out of the opposing D" by making long fast runs, then L.White will come in and give a tired D a power run up the middle. They, the D, suddenly have to switch from containing CJ to "over"-powering L.White. I think LW is not overrated in goalline situations, just look at that play in the Colts game where he got hit, stayed on his feet, and stretched the ball across the line with out letting his knees touch. The most athletic move I've ever seen him make, not everyone can do that. L.White treats the endzone, on goalline situations, like a buffet that has 11 guys holding up the line, "LET ME THROUGH!" SMASH.

6. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Yeah some people just don't realize you just can't take the ball at the goalline and just run right through....the holes are too small for that. You have to be quick to hit those tiny holes and lendale is incredible at doing that. Like I said earlier, lendale struggled outside the redzone due to amazing team speed of the colts, delay runs, and a four linebacker alignment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar