LenDale White

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Anyone think there's a chance we take him? If we end up 6-8, there's a chance we could take him. Brown IMO has shown he can catch out of the backfield, over 1100 yards total O so far, and he's not yet sidelined.

White is supposed to be George reincarnated. I can see the FO taking this guy possibly. 6'1" 235 and can run over defenders. Henry gone after the offseason, and White and Brown in the backfield. White can soften them up, and work goalline. Brown for everything else.

Thoughts?

2. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I dunno. He's not a top 10 prospect and he won't last to the second, because I think a team like Pittsburgh will grab him in the late first. On the EG comparison, isn't he bigger than George and slower?

EDIT: Also, I don't think Henry will be gone. He's shown some things here in the final games. Henry, IMO, is more a threat out of the backfield then CB.

3. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

agreed, Henry has shown some pop recently..

4. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

As much as I'd like to find a way to take Reggie Bush, IMHO, I don't think a) we'll be in that position, or b) we have "need" there. That's the only RB we'd take that high, IMO.

I do believe in Reese. I think we'll have a good draft, and I think it may be more defensive in nature, especially after round 1-2. I have to believe a QB is in the works...

he depth at OL is good, as,apparently, is LB this draft (which is why I don't believe we'll take AJ Hawk, despite many thoughts to the contrary).

5. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Lendale White is in a Jerome Bettis mold

6. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

According to Great Blue North, White seems to be indicating he could be staying in school. While he didn't come out and say it, he did say if he comes back to USC he hopes to be the third Heisman Trophy winner in a row from the school. He won't make any official announcement about his plans until after the Rose Bowl but said he has a good idea what he's going to do. Lke GBN pointed out, if he has a good idea what he's going to do, why would he even mention anything about coming back and winning the Heisman if he's planning to go pro?

http://www.gbnreport.com/

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

LenDale is a long shot at winning the Heisman next year. I don't even think he's the top running back to consider, either. Especially with guys like Peterson of Oklahoma and Maurice Drew-Jones of UCLA. With that said, if USC wins the Bowl and White puts up a good performance alongside Bush - look for him to come out.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If I was LenDale White I would stay my final year (assumng Bush declares) and build myself up as much as I can by being the #1 back at USC.

9. titansrule

titansrule Camp Fodder

I feel LeDale White is going to be an awesome pro. He is very powerful and fast - appears much faster to me than Eddie George ever was. If he stays in school people will be very surprised how well he does at USC next year with Bush most likely gone. White has the all time record at USC for touchdowns. White is much better at getting the tough yards than Bush.

10. Nash

Nash Starter

But my daughter who's in the same class as White and Bush at SC tells me that White is not a great student..my bet is he comes out..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar