Lendale White

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Ive been a huge fan of having Lendale becoming our #1 workhorse back since we drafted him. And he has shown some flashes of being a eventual starting caliber back (Indy game). But for the majority of the preseason and season he has been out with injuries or missing practice due to "personal" reasons. I believed that I read somewhere that he has missed the majority of practices this week. He has had these nagging injuries that you just wouldnt expect out off a "workhorse back"

I dont know the mans family life and we all understand that there are things that are way more important to the game of football, but this is regular season and him missing practices even during a BYE week is a big deal.

You guys thing this is a trend of that he is just a victim of circumstances?:irked:

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I'm not sure what White's issues are, but I like the fact that Travis is setting the bar pretty high as far as what's expected from a Titans RB. LenDale must be starting to realize that he's got to come correct (both at practice and in games) if he expects to get anything other than garbage time carries for the Titans.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I can't judge it, but I sure hope it's not a trend. This is his job, it's what he's paid to do, and he needs to show up, period.

Coach says he's not worried about it...BS! He'd better start or he's gonna get the "Fisher can't discipline" tag again.

4. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

I've read that he's close to a grandmother in Colorado who is very ill.

5. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

He needs to set his priorities straight.

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Wow....all I can say about some of these responses...wow

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

his sick grandma(who i've read is like his second mother) isnt as important as practice?

i dont mean to pull an allen iverson on you, but it's a bye week practice.

8. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I never read anything about his grandma, and to be honest I don't care. He doesn't care about me so why should I care about him and his problems? Does he pay my rent? No. Lol, just pulled a c from the bronx tale, but seriously he has been missing practice since preseason.

9. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Lendale hasn't habitually "missed" practice per se. He had the injuries which kept him from running plays with the rest of the team.

This is the first time that he has been excused for personal reasons. This wasn't like the team had a game today. The practices were fun and light, so Lendale didn't miss real preparation. Was the absence this week necessary? I'd say, no. Would he have missed a game? Probably not. However, he took a bye week to tend to personal matters. If Jeff allowed the absence, then that's all that matters.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Okay...I guess so.
    If it's a real family trauma, then maybe it's understandable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar