LenDale White

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Talk of disapointment is not absurd. I don't know if lack of conditioning can be held against him for his injuries, but I won't count that as a disapointment. He looked average to me when he got his shots this year. He may get better, I hope so.

It's too early to say what he'll turn out to be, but we didn't see anything I expected from a 2nd rounder who was supposed to be a 1st rounder.

2. Blue 42

Blue 42 Guest

I will give White a mulligan as a rookie frustratingly challenged with an array of injuries. I hope to see him show up at 07 training camp both physically and mentally prepared to play every down and challenge Henry for playing time.

Any thoughts on where Chris Brown will end up? I just hit upon the thought that the guys projected to be the 2006 starting QB, RB and posibly FB and WR *IF* you toss in Flemming and Calico were either gone by the start of the season or rarely activated. Count those against the outgoing Floyd Reese I supoose.

3. smili

smili Starter

Concerns about work ethic are most troublesome to me. John McClain made some remarks mid-season on Plaster's radio show essentially confirming that LW doesn't work hard enough to be a big time pro.

I don't consider him a bust, but expectations are substantially lowered. OTOH, my opinion of Travis Henry has never been higher.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO it is ridiculous to call White a bust. He had a slow start because of injury and remember we had Brown and Travis ahead of him at the start. Then, Henry started playing lights out and White simply couldn't get the carries. Why should he when Henry is playing well? Still, White showed some decent ability when he did play and if he gets in better shape and starts the season as one of the top two backs he will do fine. The main issue will be staying healthy. That and only that will determine if White is a bust or not.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, I'd say his play will also determine whether his a bust or not, but that just me....

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Can you really pass up Adrian Peterson if he's there when we pick ?

7. No, but then there's no chance he'd be there anywhere near #19...

Frankly, there's no need to draft a RB in the first 2 rounds. Even if Henry is gone and White is the starter, then we're going to see what he can do as the #1 back.

8. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

So Henry is not signed for the 2007 season?

Earlier in this post, I heard someone mention hamstring, ankle and hip flexor injuries and was about to inject that I was talking about LenDale not Chris Brown. As I sit and think of it, it does sound familar though. I hope this guy is not related to the Brown clan.

I to believe the Titans will draft a RB but not until later in the draft.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Don't we still have that RB we drafted last year?

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

LW hasn't shown much. He did show up flabby. He was oft injured, spat on a fellow team mate. I don't see how anybody can compare him to Larry Johnson. There is nothing in either history that is similar.

Until I see otherwise- he's a bust. (I said the Henry trade was a bust too- so my RB analysis is shaky at best :smile:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar