LenDale White

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

[​IMG]

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I just think he hasn't gotten enough carries because of Henry. But how can you call LW a bust when Henry getting 100 yard games the whole year.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

does that come into play even if his contract is extended for (x) amount of years? or is it just to keep im for 2007

iow, what happens if Hnry renegotiates and signs a new 5 year deal

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

btw, LenDale White is no a bust for all you out there in lalaland
    yo7u could poit out similar situationsin KC (LJ) and Baltimore (Priest Holmes) where these guys couldn't get on the field due to current depth charts
    and rememer LJ was 3rd and (iirc) inactive a few games, and Vermeil even went as far as to call him a p*ssy (well, he said something about his diapers)

White needs a few things to happen
    1st- HE has to decide that he wants this
    2nd - he will need to hit the gym
    3rd - he will need to sit with Norm fr hours
    4th - he needs to pray Henry is not our long-term solution

5. pookha_hare

pookha_hare Guest

it hurts lendale's image when there is travis out there slashing through a defense and then lendale comes in for several plays and nothinhg.
    several media people who go to practice have noted white's lack of work ethnic and willingness to practice.

6. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

like i said before vince will have great influence on lendale, and everyone needs to have patience and let him develop and he will be as good or better just like he was at usc.

7. You think Henry is going to sign a new extension and not want his big bonus? He can re-sign, but somehow or other he's going to want a big bonus from the Titans. He already pushed it back 1 year because he didn't produce in 2005. He won't push it back again.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

sure, I figure he'd rather have a nice long deal HERE instead of going somehwere else (like OAK / CLE) where life would be significantly less comfortable

his bonus would come from signing as opposed to an option (***-for-tat)
    or he could walk, right when he's settling in and the team is on a definite rise

9. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

He definitely had some good runs.

Henry looked like crap last year, & surprised us all this year. I doubt ANYONE on this board thought he'd have the year he did, considering we were all calling him a druggie/bust/waste of a pick last season.

White's a rookie. Patience, my pet ... patience. If he ends up still sucking after three years, I'll eat my hat.

All's I know, ADIOS Brown! It's been real.

10. He knows this will be his last big paycheck. He is going to take the most money unless it's very close no matter where he goes.

It's the exact same thing as far as he's concerned assuming the Titans pick it up.

He can't just walk, but he can refuse to take less money if the Titans insist. The Titans have all the power. It's just a question of how little Henry is willing to stay for and how much the Titans are willing to pay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar