LenDale White

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smili

smili Starter

Ganther? Not sure of his status - practice squad?

2. Yes

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I didn's say Henry sucked. I said the line sucked. Many saw that same thing. I did say Henry looked too heavy/slow, but still broke many tackles. Once he got into better shape and the line became better, he looked really good. No suprise at all to me.

LW getting into better shape may help him too. I hope he has the motivation to.

4. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Personally I think LW's success at USC was a byproduct of the system there, and also helped by Reggie's success. Hope I am wrong and he can contribute a lot in he upcoming years.

5. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

yeah u could be right but i still think he has what it takes and will turn it around starting this off season.

6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I think what happened was simply that Travis Henry played a lot better than anyone expected and gave the Titans no reason to give LenDale a shot, if Travis didn't have as good of a season as he did I think it's very likely that he comes in and has similar stats to other rookie RBs had this year

7. exactly what i was thinking

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

LW is going to have to get serious about off-season fitness (like Henry did) or he'll never be a premiere back. Will he do it? Can Vince convince him?

I don't know. I'll go out on a limb though and say that if he is not impressing everyone with a new work ethic in OTA's and show up to mini-camp in cut-muscle shape, he'll be an average back.

His injury history also worries me.

9. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

It's not like he limps off the field ever game like Brown, all his injuries have been minor and off the field "freak" accidents. I don't really consider the flu an injury either.

We are nitpicking guys. Travis Henry became the #1 guy after the first few games and didn't fail to produce. LenDale White will likely get more carries next year and hopefully see more short yardage situations. I don't like the idea of my 2nd round RB sitting on the bench, especially since I am a statistic kind of guy, but it's only because we have a veteran overshadowing him.

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

fact is, how can he be a bust? He wasn't a first round pick. He's a bust cuz he said he'd show them what they missed? Look, Henry took off right about when VY came in. If Henry is traded tomorrow and White is our featured back, I don't feel so bad about it. He showed splashes all year long. He looked very good @ Indy, and didn't look out of place when he was given a carry here and there. Hold off the wagons people...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar