Leonard Williams USC

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yes.

I would trade back in the 1st, picking up an additional 2nd, 4th, and '16 1st (at minimum). With our 1st we take an OLB (Gregory, Beasley, Ray, Dupree, or Beasley - depends how far we trade back). We have two seconds, we use one on another OLB (Harold, Orchard, Odighizuwa, or Kikaha) & the other 2nd on BPA of CB/WR/OG. We then sign James Harrison to a 1yr deal.

My favorite:
    #6: Dante Fowler
    #33: Dorial Green-Beckham or Jalen Collins
    #37: Nate Orchard
    4th: Best LG/RT available or CB/WR (whatever we didn't take at #33)
    4th: Best LG/RT available or CB/WR (whatever we didn't take at #33)

We'd have Fowler, Orchard, and Harrison are our OLB. Harrison is a one-year stop gap while the rookies (with great coaching) figure out the league. Then we have the potential of a Houston/Hali combo.

#161 xpmar9x, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Kikaha is tempting, but no guarantees there, we at least can control Morgan by paying him to stay

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I like the idea of taking 2 OLB's. I want to keep Morgan, too.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd prefer 2 OLBs via draft early and James Harrison. Will be a lot cheaper than overpaying Morgan.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

James Harrison will be great until he plays 20 snap and we get beat in week 3, then he retires.

6. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

We could very easily and probable to draft 2 olb, sign Harrison and sign Morgan or Worilds. Webster said we need numbers. The number wont be 3, itll be higher

also, I am a big fan of Greg Cosell. He is not a fan of Williams at all. Very weird, he seems like the only one. That worries me a bit.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I generally like most of Cosell's work, but what did I miss that he dislikes?

8. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Check out Paul K twitter feed. He had him on the radio today and he tweeted out the comments. He wasn't blown away by him like most people.

"not great in space and gets moved by double teams"

"Flash player, not purely explosive"

" Plays high, shows chest. Not a natural rusher"

9. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

"not great in space and gets moved by double teams" We don't need him to be great in space he's a 3-4 DE not an OLB. Also who doesn't get moved by double teams. The point is you have to double team him or he most likely will make the play. Great at disengaging or shedding blocks.

"Flash player, not purely explosive" My retort, see J.J. Watt at Wisconsin. Before the Rose Bowl game how many people had him rated highly. Answer: None. He had a good combine, then analysts started taking notice and adjusted their draft boards.

" Plays high, shows chest. Not a natural rusher"[/QUOTE] I agree. Right now, he moves people with brute strength. This (playing high) will be addressed. Remember he is only 20 yrs. old.

I love Greg Cosell as an analyst, but this would have been my response to these statements.

#169 edward nigma, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If you're getting double teamed, you're pretty damn good. And that would make the rest of the front 7 better.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar