LeRoy Harris

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

He has his own website: http://www.leroyharris64.com/

• Was three-time All-Conference performer as two-way lineman at Southeast Raleigh (N.C.) High School. Rated by Rivals.com as best defensive tackle prospect in state after posting 56 tackles as senior.
    • Wrestled for four years, posting 23-1 mark and winning 2002 4A North Carolina State Title in 275-pound class as senior.
    • Also threw shot put and discuss for track & field team for two years.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

[​IMG]

(on if he’s snapped in the shotgun at all)
    I have. The majority of my snaps when we were running the ball or passing were in the gun.

technique and I’m lucky to work with a veteran center. That is very exciting for me.

(on what he needs to do to improve his game)
    Maybe my technique. I need to continue to grow as a player technique wise. I won’t have a problem learning the system. I’m a very smart guy and football savvy. I think that is going to be the easiest part for me. I just need to sharpen up my tools. I haven’t really had the chance to consistently play at one position and learn one position. I learned the guard and center spot at the same time.

Pos:

Tough, hard-working blocker who battles on the inside. Strong, stays square and controls defenders at the point. Quickly gets his hands into opponents, displays good punch and throws opponents to the ground. Effective with the shotgun snap. Plays with a nasty attitude.

Neg:

Not light on his feet, lumbers about the field and struggles sliding laterally in even the smallest of areas. Not a natural knee bender and lacks adjustment.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And humble too :lol:

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Leroy is a nice guy. I got to meet him and Loper on my birthday (Green Bay game). I got a lot of confidence in him. I think the Ravens will be surprised, because he is more of a load than Mawae.

The Titans must really trust Harris because they had the clear option of playing Amano at C, and he's had more playing time there. You would think it would be easier to put the newbie over at guard, so there must really be something to Harris playing center. He will definitely be commented on throughout the game, I expect, and hopefully it's for largely good reasons.

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

We will miss Mawae's experience no doubt, but Baltimore is a 3-4 defense and Mawae did show that when he has to play directly against a really powerful nose, he is susceptible to the power rush.

Leroy is a load and he won't be pushed around by Ngata. Provided we don't have any issues with the exchange and the rest of the line (particularly Scott) help wth recognizing the blitz pick-ups, I think we'll be fine.

:ravens:

6. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Plus, LeRoy will destroy Ray Lewis whenever he gets the chance.

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Wouldn't that be nice. :evil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar