Lets be real here. Coaching doesnt matter.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pacman 4 HoF, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

The NFL is about 85% player talent / 14% drafting and scouting / 1% coaching.

Aaron Rodgers would take any team to the playoffs.

The colts are a dynasty with Peyton Manning. Take him away and they are nothing.

Bellicheck is not a genius coach. He would have a losing record on any team without elite talent.

Jim Schwartz was a great DC in TN with Haynesworth. Sucked without him. Now hes a great coach in Detroit cuz he has elite QB and beast D.

The Titans are always 8-8 cuz we have mediocre talent. Doesnt matter who the coach is.

etc

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I tend to agree although your percentages are too exaggerated.

I think in college, coaching is much more important. In the pro's, it's more about the personnel. Still, if you are a terrible NFL coach (or even just stuck in your ways) you can ruin a team regardless of the players.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you are totally wrong

how much 'talent' has Snyder and the Redskins had???

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Congratulations! It's only january and you've already won dumbest thread statement of the year!

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Would people agree with the following statement...

In the NFL, players > coaches when it comes to success.

In college, coaches > players when it comes to success.

That is my opinion. I'm including ability to recruit when it comes to coaches in college.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Matt Flynn put in one of the best passing performances this year as a Packer.

When Rodgers stepped in, he did the same thing to Brett Favre.

That reasoning leads me to believe that the "system" has a lot to do with Green Bay's QB success.

7. amy

amy Starter

I agree with you, but it is the coach that LEADS. So I think a team could have great talent but without leadership, the team doesn't succeed. All team games are based on war. You can have great generals and great officers, but if the ground troops don't want to fight, you lose. We now have a good general. We have to draft some more good troops and we can win any war. Fisher was an example, at least in the last few years, of a general who let the troops run the war. didn't work.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Oh!

Another example...

The NEW YORK JETS

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Having great players help, but this isn't high school, you can't just line up and run and expect to win regularly. You're overlooking coaching a good bit.

Do you think Jason Pierre-Paul would be where he's at without coaching?

Matt Flynn wouldn't do what he does without a great QB coach in Green Bay.

10. FLA Titans Fan

FLA Titans Fan The GM

Alex Smith? Bust until this year, now in the playoffs.....New head coach!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar