Let's give Verner his props

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Unlike mccourty who just let calvin run that slant i mean honestly what was he doing there for that td?

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Yea he had a nice hit today. He lined up on Megatron some too but didn't do as well as Verner. If Verner can play the other team's #1 and TE's, then it will allow our defense to do a lot of different things.

Marks also had a good game. He wasn't getting a lot of plays in the backfield, but he stopped the RB several times from getting to the 2nd level. To only be rushing 4, that's pretty impressive.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Still sad your boy CJ sucks?

And theres no CB alive that can stop Megatron from running a slant.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Verner might

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

To be fair... it IS Megatron, afterall.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Shut up LOL

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I went to the game expecting disappointment, and it turned out to be one of the best games I've ever been to. Washingtons catch, cooks catch, Campbell and reynaud, verner. Just was a seasons worth of highlights in one game. Since last season I've been really down on the titans. I needed that, personally. Plus I got seats for 25 bux. Not bad.

That lateral play was genius. Have not cheered that much at a game since the 2008 season.

The nfl just has ways of killing excitement with so many tv timeouts, but considering that, the game was a blast. Unfortunately, I had to watch OT from outside the stadium because I was silly enough to think the titans would be able to hold a 2td lead for one minute ;) and they wouldn't let anyone back in.

8. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

And we gave McCourty the big extension...:facepalm:

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Ya...

Verner has always been the more impressive player in my opinion. I was surprised when they gave mcC the job over him last year. Mccourty is quiet on the field and off. Mediocre. Not a big play corner, but not a scrub either. Verner has always shaken things up since his rookie year.

Glad to see him do well today. Our secondary as a unit was still scary to watch today, though. It seems like they could have torn us a new one at will if they went to Johnson more.

Pettigrew was totally the loser of the game. All those horrible drops...the the verner play. He had to have considered jumping into the cumberland off the nearest bridge after that game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I dunno. I mean, yeah, Verner is definitely more instinctive and big-play, but I've always kind of thought that McCourty needed more playing time to develop. I actually think it might pay off in the long run. They had to make concessions to maximize Finnegan last year in terms of moving him around. Ideally, they don't want to have to do that, I think. That and the negative attention and the money all added up to him not being re-signed.

But McCourty is solid and just has the speed and frame to run the length with the taller receivers. Solid but unspectacular. But he's not devoid of big plays altogether. That fumble he caused should have ended the game right there. I thought Burleson(?) had caught the ball and made a football move. He turned upfield. It was a great play by JMac.

Three in one day? Was that right? Lol...There's an overtime button this year, folks.

11. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I thought Mccourty was the better corner than Verner last year. Guess I may be alone there?

But I've always loved Verner! One of my favorite Titans and yes he was excellent today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar