let's have a RB poll !

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Apr 3, 2007.

?
  1. Michael Turner

25 vote(s)
    61.0%
  2. Corey Dillon

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  3. Chris Brown

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Maurice Hicks

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. Kevan Barlow

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Hicks and Barlow combo probably...

Dillon is the best option, Turner is the best on that list but that's not the point...

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

puck, this poll is way to confusing...i put Turner and Dillon for a 1-2 punch combonation. i dont think LenDale White is good enough or mature enough to paly in the nfl.maybe if he shaves 30 pounds off his belly. Turner shouldnt have to come in right away and have to carrie the ball 25-30 times a game. Dillon would take 12-15 carries, and Turner would get 18-20. nice change of pace. combo of Power, and speed.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ :ha:

oh come one ... it aint too hard

just consider who's already on roster (Ganther incl)

contemplate how much money you want to spend on a position that has a 2nd year/ 2nd round pick and if their is a trade compensation to consider

instead of one guy, you might want 3

Brown ,Hicks and Barlow could all 3 be had for what it might take to sign Turner

there is some logic behind choosing Barlow and Hicks - I would guess those 2 would only cost us minimums with little or nothing to sign

In dreamy world, Turner is the most appealing choice; but I see a Turner signing signal the beginning to the end of White (think McGahee / Henry)

a smart man might bring both Dillon AND Brown for 3-4 years, to not only PUSH White harder but to also give him some decent coaching

Hicks and Barlow would purely be for depth and support, leaving the weight firmly on the shoulders of White; but it's obvious BRASS doesn't feel comfortable with that. The upside to that is that I think both could contribute but only for a couple of years - and as mentioned before, they'd cost us nothing

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

thanks for playing by the rules :))

anyway, yeah Dillon makes the most sense if you're planning on keeping White; but something tells me that White could be gone in a few years if Turner is aquired

I will agree with your assessment of Dillon and raise you Chris Brown
    we all know Brown is a much different back than White and should have plenty of motivation to prove himself once again.Chris probably would've run well behind that new line

I like to see Turner here- but in case SD plays hardball, I think Dillon AND Brown would be just as prudent of moves

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't think Turner necessarily spells the end for White. The NFL is moving towards more teams having 2 full time backs. I think we would need both. One guy won't cut it anymore, especially for heavy running teams.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I agree, but you don't trade the picks we'll need to trade + sign him to a deal that'll be needed to lure him - to play in a split back role

this year, I'd say he'd see 40% of the snaps .... next year it could be 80%

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i dont see how dillion is the best option. he's willing to go anywhere he'll get a paycheck.

8. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Turner is my pick, though my heart tells be we'd be better off signing Corey without losing/exchanging picks & stuff. Just a little bit of cap space.

& Corey is PROVEN too. Turner as a starter, who knows? I should change my pick, wait ... too late. Vote has been cast.

I'll settle for EITHER of those two guys, & ONLY those two. No Brown!!!!!

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you sure about that ?
    ^ and this posted just shortly after it was realized that Dillon would not visit with the Titans yesterday. I'm wondering if progress had made such strides with Turner that Mike told him "I don't want to get your hopes up, we have something in the works, let's get back to you near the end of the week

Corey Dillon could care less about a paycheck right now, he's not going to gt that big of one regardless of where he goes. He wants the "right situation" and so far only TN fits his requirements

10. Dillon wants a paycheck. That doesn't necessarily mean he'll sign just anywhere, but he isn't going to sign for just a $1M contract no matter where he lands...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar