Lets just be honest and look at this team....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans2871, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans2871

titans2871 Adrian Who?

Here is what I see needs to be done to fix this team. One of the biggest things I see is that this team does not play with the nasty streak that the good teams in the NFL. I do not see the hard hits... Pacman had it right today when he was interviewed after the game. He said something to the effect of... We need some thugs. I am not saying the part of them that we do not want to represent our team. We need the part of them that is going to step into someones face and bring the pain (Not the Albert type of pain)... :irked: With that being said here is my take on the offensive side of the ball.

Quarterback

Vince Young- He is the future.. He will have growing pains but it is his job now. Sorry for all of you that do not like that, but its his time.

Kerry Collins- Even though he was brought in to start, he has been a teacher in the past people say. That is something that Billy did not want to do, so from that stand point I'm ok with him. I saw him today everytime Vince was looking at pictures sitting right with him. That is a plus....

Running back

Chris Brown- He is gone after this year. UFA... and it could not come soon enough...

Travis Henry- He needs to be the starter at this point. He is no where near his old self, but is a hard runner compaired to Brown

Lendale White- He is the starter next year, unless we draft Adrian Peterson in the first round next year. He should some good runs today, but needs to have the same drive that Vince does...

Wide Receiver

David Givens- Even though he does not have the stats of a #1 receiver he is going to be a good one. He is drawing double coverage and freeing up other receivers. That is something Drew could not do last year.

Drew Bennett- UFA... and most likely gone. I know a lot of people are big on Drew, but Brandon Jones is ready to be a #2 and we may have a chance at Dwayne Jarret or Calvin Johnson in the draft.

Bobby Wade- UFA... Most likely gone as well. I like Bobby, but we are deep with WR's. He may get to stick around if Drew goes though.

Courtney Roby...Roydell Williams- Will be on the team... Even though they are not impact players they are good subs.

Tight Ends

Erin Kinney- Will stick around because of experience and is a good player, but needs to stay heathly.

Ben Troupe- Starter from this point on. He is starting to show signs of his Flordia days.

Bo Scaife- Is there a better #3 or #2 for that fact in the league at TE?
    He is here for the long haul.

Tackles

Roos- When we drafted him last year I was like who is that.... I think I am seeing that he was a great pick last year. He can play the left or right side and that makes him that much better. He is a great player....

Jacob Bell or David Stewart- I believe that Bell is better at Guard... Even though he is not a NFL starter. He is a great backup that can play mult. spots. Stewart did ok today at RT but we need a stud at that position.

Guards

Zack Piller- Will be gone next year. The team will have to replace him or put Bell in his spot. We need to free up the 6 mill we are spending on him and put it somewhere else.

Benji Olson- Can be a starter still, but is shacky at times. This could go either way. I believe he will be here, but could be a backup.

Center

Kevin Mawae- He is getting older, but is the achor of the O-line so far this year. He will be around but we need to draft a Center to take his place in a couple of years.

With all of that being said and considering the coaching staff stays the same.. Which we all know at this point is unlikely.... We need to draft or bring in Free Agents in the following positions... We need another RB... either a starter or someone to compliment White... We need another big play receiver.. We could have had Moss... in case everyone has forgot.. Kevin Dyson is coaching middle school and we could have Randy and David. We need to overhaul our O-line. If we want to run the ball we need to build the line to do so. They are also going to have to let Vince run when he wants to run not because of pressure all of the time. So 1 RB... 1 WR... 2 OT... 2...OG... 1 Center....

I know that not everyone will agree with this but it is a start. I would do the Defense but that will take a while..... Basically eveyone on Defense except, Bulluck, Vanden Bosch, Thorton, Jones, Haynesworth and Hope need to be replaced next year. Hill is #3 corner.. not a #2... Lamont has to go... We need a hard hitting safety at his spot. Someone that running backs are scared to run toward because of the hit they will receive. Someone like the colts Bob Sanders. We need a speed DE on the other side of Vanden Bosch.. So he does not see so many double teams. Starks is not a #2.. He is a great spot player, but a starter. Calmus has been ok, but we need a hard hitting speed MLB. Hopefully the Titans will finish with a good enough season record this year to not pick in the Top 10 again. At this point I believe that would be considered a great season. What are all of your thoughts?

Here is a link to next years free agents....

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/freeagents.html

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think you are wrong about Bobby Wade. They are really high on him. Then again I have reason to believe that they are going to clean house with the coaching staff, up to and inluding sacking Fisher. So if Fisher stays then Wade stays. Drew Bennett was/is such a Fisher project. I promise you that is how Fisher views Wade, as his baby. He sheltered Pac Man last year... and the people of Nashville need to get over some of this thug stuff. If anything we need a few more grills in the locker room. We need to get Vince Young some protection and talent around him. The defense still needs serious work. We must have that guy from Georgia Tech... or hey, I've got an idea... GIVENS CAN GET TO WORK. I don't know why, but his production sucks... more random thoughts later.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

that ranks up there with one of his stupidest statement. You don't need thugs. When you think of thugs you think of what Haynesworth did.

This was discussed on the radio this morning. They pretty much agreed it was a dumb statement.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Depends on the definition of "thug". I believe Pacman is thinking about somebody like Rodney Harrison who always brings the wood, not someone like Chris Henry who gets arrested time and time again.

5. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Agree.
    It was a BAD choice of words, but I think he just meant attitude, swagger, hard hits, etc..... All those things we used to have.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think we are just talentless. We have average to below average players for the most part. Look at our WR's for example. No true #1. That hurts. We just have to do like Dallas and keep drafting studs. We already have three in Pac Man, Young, White, and next year we should add the WR. Then start filling in the holes with Free agents and see what happens.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO we could swap defensive personel with the Bears and still have a worse defense than the Bears. Anyone notice the bama kid the Bears drafted in the 5th round who is better than Odom or Laboy.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

We aren't talentless, don't be fooled. We have average talent as a whole, compared to the rest of the league. We have aquired solid FAs, and yet we are WORSE. What does that tell us? It tells us we are poorly coached, not that we lack talent.

9. SteveH

SteveH Starter

How long is it before Bulluck asks for a trade??

I must admit, I can't understand how Fisher can say how an offensive system is so different that he can start Young after three games but hold onto McNair for three years... smacks of desperation..

Too many draft picks have been busts.. Pacman showing signs of being great player, Haynesworth would be good if he stayed on the field.. but Woolfolk and all those DLineman from a couple of years ago? Starks, etc?? The WR busts, Calico, etc.. Even Brown can't go beyond a series...

Would be interesting to see what would happen if a Jerry Glanville character came in..

.. and hear Fisher's words in his autobiography when he writes about this year.. there's interference from Bud, has to be..

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

This team has plenty of talent, but it's not being properly implemented or coached. New England went and won a SuperBowl with average talent, and I feel like we have just as good of talent as the year they first did it

yeah we're putting ourselves in good position to go after a Calvin Johnson or a Ted Ginn Jr., but we should really try and look at some top talent CB/S next year EARLY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar