Lets just be honest and look at this team....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans2871, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berkmanmvp2

berkmanmvp2 Guest

This club has so many holes I don't know where to start. Only thing I know for sure is, if Adrian Peterson is available when we pick, can't pass him up. He's got too much talent, get Brown and Henry out and let AP and White work. If the offense is gonna work at all, it's on the Titans to draft a Peterson if he's there, and focus on the offensive line. It's not very good. Give Young and Peterson and offensive line and then you've begun something special.
    On the defense, I just don't get it at all. There is absolutely no way they should be this bad. If you like at the line, both Vanden Bosch and Haynesworth are very good. Fat Albert doesn't play enough, but with those two on the d-line, and Bullock and Thornton at LB, and Jones and Hope in the defensive backfield there is NO WAY this defense should struggle like it does.
    It's unacceptable and i think JS has to take the fall. Who else's fault could it be?
    This defense has been on a slide since Williams took the Bills job. It's not getting any better. I don't advocate firing Fisher, he's a proven winner. And I'd hate to see Chow go, but damn we've have to do something with that defense. You can't have 6 above average starters on the defensive side and not be able to stop anybody but the Dolphins. Something is very, very wrong there.
    The offense is a little more excusable. First year QB, and a lack of weapons. Givens would be a nice #2, he's not a #1 period. He wasn't with the Patriots, and he won't be here, but he can be a great compliment receiver to whoever we bring in as the top guy. Bennett makes a decent #3.
    This team needs a new defensive coordinator, and a lot of help on the offensive side of the ball. I really, really pray we go 0-16 and get a top pick.
    Let's all get behind the "must lose" theory, it's the only way this team will get the weapons it needs to be good.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And take a long hard look at the linemen, sure they're not the glamorous picks, but they're the picks that's going to win you football games.

3. Tman

Tman Camp Fodder

Even though the Titans had no "D" yesterday, I would love to see AP in the same backfield as White & Vince in the future. This is coming from a Texas Longhorn fan too. Give Vince some time and you will not regret having him as a Titan. :yes: HOOK'EM HORNS & Go Titans!

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Titans did not stop the fish, unless you consider giving up 170ish on the ground as stopping them. The fishes game winning drive was a gash and a sweep, same as daboyz used to open the 3rd quarter

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I Really don't see how Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson will help our horrific secondary

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061002/SPORTS01/610020367/1027

"We do need some more toughness on this team, like guys with attitude, you know?" linebacker Keith Bulluck said. "Certain things happen out there and it just comes across like, 'It's all right.' "

seems like bulluck agrees with him.

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Titans2871, I like your assessment. I think we'll have a high amount in cap next year, from what I read in a previous post. We should go after Max Starks of the Steelers. The guy is tough and solid and a good reason a guy like Willie Parker is running the football well for them. A stud FA on the line can be good, just look at the improvement the Vikings got with the acquisition of Hutchinson. I believe if we have a chance to get a guy like Calvin Johnson next year, we may draft him. However, I wouldn't be surprised if we pass on him, considering the depth we have at WR. Maybe next draft we need to go heavy on Defense from top to bottom.

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

not really, there is a difference between attitude and thug

thug=what Haynesworth did

attitude= how Hope/Bulluck/etc have played

10. ok, im gonna be the first to say this probably but, i do not want to draft adrian peterson, white showed some very nice runs yesterday and if we would give him the ball more we would see more of it. now i do think we should go with a wr calvin johnson, maybe tedd ginn jr either one is fine with me, and then just pick the hardest hitting safety that we can get in the draft, maybe one of the griffin brothers from texas? were fine at mlb cause tulloch is going to takeover that spot next year, and we need another cb unless finnegann can step up and play that spot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar