Lets just be honest and look at this team....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans2871, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

it was a matter of wordage. when people see "thug" with pacman's name attached to it, it doesnt matter how he used it.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I don't think we need another rb, unless we can trade White for a WR too. Then I'm ok with it. But White showed some nice quickness yesterday and hit some holes. He's pretty good. And tough. He comes to play.

3. yay someone agrees

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

based on what happened yesterday it was the wrong word to use but then again it fits him:moon2:

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you're right, he used the wrong word. that doesnt mean his concept was wrong.

6. zackmann

zackmann Guest

taking a rb or wr with a top 5 pick next year is not going to help us...

Call detroit if you need to know why...

we have a good core of offensive skill players (wr, qb, te, and rb). heck throw P and K in there too...

let's go get Olineman, Dlineman, LB, CB, and S instead...

I hope our first 2 draft picks and 3 best free agent signings go to S, LB, DE, CB, and G...

So after that, here is my current thoughts on next years roster:

QB:
    Young
    collins if he will stay, another washed up vet if not
    a rookie or young qb on the practice squad...surely mauck wants to move on...

RB:
    Henry
    White
    draft pick
    current FB (forgot his name)

WR
    givens
    (resigned) bennett (his ability to be an emergency qb is valuable)
    jones
    roydell
    wade
    draft pick (roby and orr will be cut during training camp)

TE
    troupe
    kinney
    scaife (other TE's should only know they are gonna get cut, this is our best position)

OLine:
    Mawea
    Bell
    Roos
    olsen
    stewart
    amano
    Free Agent
    draft pick (essentially only Pilar is gone)

DLine:
    KVB
    Odom
    LeBoy
    Mahelona
    Starks
    Bigname FA DE (wouldn't freeney be nice)
    FA DT
    young unknown/unproven guys

LB:
    Bulluck
    Thornton
    Tulluck
    big FA or high draft pick
    beyond top 4 we will just have career backups or unheralded rookies

secondary:
    hope
    pacman
    FA or big rookie S
    FA or big rookie CB
    hill (backing up)
    cortland finnegan
    lowry
    rookies or young guys to fill in...
    (wollfolk, waddell, nickey and fuller will be gone)

7. titans2871

titans2871 Adrian Who?

I would love to see a hard hitting safety.... I would take a Safety of a WR before I did a RB. I love Adrian Peterson, but White can handle the job or we would not have drafted him in the 2nd round. If this team is going to be successful in the future with Vince... and don't get me wrong I like vince.... they have to build the team like it was in the late 90's and early 00's. Strong Defense that puts up 10-14 points a game and a strong running game. White needs to average 1200-1500 yards a year. This makes Vince be able to pick and choice his spots and lets him run when he wants to and not when he has to just to avoid pressure. This was the formula that worked for Steve and Vince has a higher upside. Built the D and build the O-line for rushing.... FLOYD....JEFF..... READ THIS!!!!

8. titans2871

titans2871 Adrian Who?

Mahelona is not a starter period!! Starks is not a #1 or a #2 for that!!! Stewart and Bell are great backups... Not every game starters!!!! Bennett will be to much money for what he is worth... He is not available as a QB either... He hasn't had to play it in 4 years now.... Odom is a little better than Laboy, but not a starter.... Henry has a big roster bonus coming that he delayed this year for us... That means bye bye....

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Mahelona is a rookie and the rest of them have only really had spot duty at their positions, so I'm very impressed that you can already foresee that they're not capable of being starters in the future.... can I borrow your crystal ball later maybe?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

what is it with newbies coming in here and talking like they know everything?

You need a 500 post minimum to do that :brow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar