Lets make a bet

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 20, 2015.

?
  1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    28.8%
  2. No

37 vote(s)
    71.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

So there seems to be a lot of talk about Mariota sitting a week or two to fully recover from a sprained MCL, well Im just gonna go ahead and say; not happening, and was wondering who would like to bet me $1000 GoTitan dollars?

• LOL LOL x 2
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Fire Whiz if our franchise QB takes another hit to his inflamed MCL. That is an unstable joint right now.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Hell, fire Whiz if he wakes up tomorrow.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • LOL LOL x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

He won't play. He shouldn't play. Season is toast anyway and we're gonna have two rookies starting on the OL.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Football players play banged up every week. I'd agree with you if it was a RG3 type ordeal where he CLEARLY didn't need to stay in the game. Mariota seemed to be moving around fine soon after taking the hit though.

I think people freak out because of the "sprain" but without having an MRI to diagnose it, its probably a situation where most players say "Oh, my leg got a little banged up" and no one thinks anything of it.

If he's walking around fine today and is able to practice without it flaring up...he's good to go,IMO.

6. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

No not really. When it comes to soreness inside the knee, guarantee most players don't say oh I'm just banged up. Lol

Shoulder is sore, okay just banged up.

Ribs hurting, okay just banged up. Ankles and wrist?? Tape em up and go.

Not the knees.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

The bigger problem is something I brought up in the preseason.....what happens when Mett plays and plays well?

No good can come from this. Should've traded his ass and rolled with CBJ.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
  8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Even if he was healthy, he should maybe sit for a few weeks to collect himself and avoid getting gunshy behind that line and developing bad habits.

Injury gives the team the perfect excuse to do it.

9. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

So you think players don't play with sore knees? If he can walk and run and plant etc but there is some soreness, I don't think that's much different than what a lot of players go through no matter where the injury is.

So far, it doesn't look like this is a crippling injury that he would have to be Superman to play through.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

So what if Mett plays well...good for him good for the team...even better if we get a win...its sorely needed right now. That's what you want from your backup...there shouldnt be any QB controversy..maybe if we had 2 average QBs fighting for the #1 job but not with a #2 overall pick involved. Mett has a good game great that would be his 2nd in what 8 games played? Doesn't sound like an upgrade.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar