Let's sign some more free agents!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-availablefreeagents051309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I have no idea about our current cap figure.

But let's sign up Plaxico Burress! Yeah, I'm suggesting it. Forget Drop-em-Drew. Forget run immediately out of bounds Marvin Harrison. Forget completely relying on Hawkins, Chris Davis, Paul Williams, or whatever we got.

I don't care if Plexi misses part of the season. I'm not too offended by his crime, he's just dumb. And I can't imagine after shooting yourself in the leg that you are likely to continue to carry a firearm around with you, not only loaded but with the safety off and one in the chamber. Plax could be a real difference maker late in the season. Plaxico-Gage-Nate Washington- Britt. That seems like an awesome combo to me. We could cut every other buster WR on the roster, and just play J.Cook as our #5 WR.

Oh, and I wouldn't suggest a longterm deal here for Plaxico. With his current neg rep, I wonder if he'd take a one year deal similar to TO? That's what I would hope for.

I'm pretty much against bringing back former Titans, but I'll make an exception and say lets bring in Kevin Carter for depth and rotation. He knows the coaches, still has some game, and probably could be signed on a one year deal as well.

I'd also feel a lot more comfortable about our #3 CB if we signed Chris McAllister, Ty Law, Dre Bly, Deltha O'neal, or Roderick Hood. Just let em compete for the #3 CB with Mouton.

Anyone interested in any of the fools on this list?

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm all for Plaxico Burress.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Let's sign Joe Montana and Jerry Rice too!

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Alex1939

5. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

6. Alex1939

I dunno man, the interview was pretty hilarious. I always liked McMahon's punk attitude.

To me this interview is classic. I like Jim's opinions.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Okay without aiming any frustrations towards anyone, I gotta say "why"? Not why would we sign anyone else, but why even consider it? Our team this very second is honestly one of the top three teams in all of football. Screwing up the teams chemistry is what would happen if we went out to sign a Plaxico Burress type (never would happen by the way). Also $$$ is always a big deal in Tennessee. Knowing our front office my bet is they sign no one unless they have to go spend the money. The only free agent out there to sign might be CB: Chris McAlister. No other player out there 'fits in'.

8. Alex1939

I pretty much agree, but we gotta go over the top this year.

My biggest concerns at the moment are CB depth, DT, and WR (as usual).

Yeah, the chemistry thing is iffy, but he's really talented. We'd immediately be better at the WR position so...

Agree. That's why I said one-year deal kind of players. I doubt Burress will accept that anyway, and yeah it's 99.9% not going to happen. But I wish it would.

And I don't know our cap space, whatever we have might as well use it on one-year deals.

I agree to the part that CB is the most likely the only semi-big name position we'll bring in. I could see someone else besides McAllister.

Mainly I just figured I'd throw the options out there. Honestly, if you took that roster of free agents available right now, and made a team of them.. I wouldn't be surprised to see between a 6-10 and 10-6 team. At least in the right division.

9. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

To expensive to be underutilized

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Good ideas and all, but how can any wide receiver shoot his leg. He needs that damn thing. That's almost like Brady cutting off a thumb by accident LOL. If Plaxico shot his ear off then no biggy, WR's don't need ears, but they need their legs. As for the needing depth at CB, absolutely! I can see maybe Deltha O'Neal playing nickle, no one else on the list wants to get demoted. By the way, I'm betting Paul Williams doesn't suit-up at all this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar