Let's talk about Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TorontoTitanFan, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He's projected a 3rd right now but after the combine his stock will rise into the 2nd. The question that hasn't been brought up yet is if the team will wait until the 2nd or 3rd to draft a QB. If we're talking 1st round it'll be Cam or Gabbert but if we wait then Locker, Mallett, Kaep, or Ponder. I would rank them...

1. Ponder
    2. Kaep
    3. Locker
    4. Mallett

Ponder is a safer pick but the upside on Kaep is much bigger. I say draft Kaep in the 2nd then draft McElroy or someone else later on.

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm not sure about this draft 2 qb's idea....

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Agreed we don't have the luxury of taking 2 QB's we have other needs as well. We need to draft OUR guy and bring in a veteran to battle it out. Although whoever we draft is going to need time as none of the quarterbacks in my opinion are ready to go from day 1 although I could be wrong.

4. The Playmaker

We don't have the luxury?

Collins can't win games and a couple more hits will turn into dust, Simms can only hold a job when we have injuries and is done, and Smith in his small amount of playing time has sucked.

Free Agent/Trade for QB (Flynn, Orton, McNabb, Palmer, etc.)
    Pick- Kaep
    Pick-McElroy
    Collins
    Rusty
    Simms

Cut two and place the QB 4th on the chart on PS.

We're talking a 2nd round at the most for a position we need and a pick in the 5th or 6th so it's not like we're drafting back to back QB's.

5. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

2nd and 5th is to high...maybe the 2nd and 7th if that....

if we dont go qb in round 1 we either go dt or corner
    then qb in 2nd if none in first
    then in 3rd we either get ss or dt
    4 o lineman or lb
    5 olineman or linebacker whatever we dont pick in 4th
    6 wr or spell back
    7 qb or another dlineman

flip 1 and 2 if you pick qb first or second thats it

6. The Playmaker

Yeah 5th is a bit high for another QB so 6th round at the highest.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

People really overreact to Rusty Smith's few chances... REALLY overreact.

"What the f?! That late round rookie was supposed to come in and tear it up!!!!"

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

If you are take 2 quarterbacks, you are pretty much ensuring that one of the guys isn't going to get a fair shot. Take a QB you like and if it doesn't seem like it is working, draft another one in a few years.

9. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

man.... the combine can't come any sooner... i want to see what everyone has to officially offer... kaep can move up a round... or he could disappear.....same goes with every other player

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

If one is drafted in the fifth or sixth, they are not expecting to be a starter, but in the Packers case, the later round player ended up being better. If they had just taken Brohm in the second, they would have been screwed as far as backup QB goes.

I think having 3 young QBs could be a good thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar