Let's talk about Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TorontoTitanFan, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

The Panthers, Packs, and Bucs have done this before I don't see why we shouldn't try since all of our QB's are below average.

Yes Rusty isn't getting a fair shot which is why I hope he stays but so far he's just like Simms and Collins, not good.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

3. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I actually don't have a problem with him being a VY fan...and unlike Cam, I think he should use his comparisons to VY to his advantage. Prove what the scouts say is correct, that he is VY with better intangibles (knowledge, attitude, work ethic, etc)....That combination is what is moving him up the draft boards...

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Brohm was a 2nd round pick and waived after a season. I just don't see that as a good pick.

Do you want to waive the 39th pick if the lower pick works harder in camp? That's what the Packers essentially did...

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

The Packers already had Rodgers, we have no one. If we draft a QB in the 2nd he won't be cut even if the later round pick out plays him. We need good QB's on this team.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

There is no way that you can take 2 qb's and give both a legitimate look.

7. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I personally hate drafting a QB high in the first round. And its not like we are in the top 5 picks, being 8th mean we are not going to get the best options at QB. Even then we could end up with a total bust. How many top drafted busts have cost teams years (Ryan Leaf, Alex Smith, JaMarcus Russell, etc)?? Heck even Stafford has shown he can't play a whole season. Was it worth that crazy huge contract for a guy who only plays half a season?? Heck they could have got a solid o-lineman and gone with Shaun Hill. Then in this draft got a QB since there are way more than 2 years ago.

I love the idea of trading down & getting another 2nd round. Maybe even 2nd & 3rd round. Or if we keep our 8th pick, get a crazy good Defensive player. I truly hope we don't use the 8th pick on a QB. It would be better to trade for a Kolb, Orton, or maybe even McNabb and then use the 2nd or 3rd round pick on a solid teachable rookie QB.

Can you truly believe a brand new rookie from the draft will enter the NFL on a team with ALL new coaches and be successful?? And with less time to prepare from lockout?? No way!

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

This is something that isn't unusual these days. Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco come to mind (minus the lockout stuff, but that might be wrapped up before the draft for all we know). Both went to the playoffs in their rookie years with rookie head coaches.

9. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Sanchez too...believe Rex Ryan was a rookie HC when they drafted him..

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I guess the point is who really cares if you take two QBs and the later guy is worth keeping and you let the 2nd or 3rd rounder go. What the Packers did was draft two guys hoping to get one good one and that is what happened. If they had drafted only one they wouldn't have a good backup

They may have known Flynn was potentially as good of a QB but with QBs especially the draft is such a crap shoot. Obviously Brohm simply had issues and they were confident he wasn't going to cut it. Yes he was a mistake but they obviously liked both coming out and when the 6th round rolled around and Flynn was still sitting there they figured why not use the pick on him.

If we draft a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round and a guy we have ranked close to the guy we took still sitting there in the 6th round I'd consider doing the same thing. Let the rookies and Rusty fight over two spots and find a vet to hold the fort for a year. Maybe you don't plan things that way but getting a guy like McElroy for example in the 6th along with a Ponder or Stanzi isn't a bad move and if McElroy beats him out so be it. As long as we get at least one good one we have achieved out objective. QB is too important not to do what it takes to get a good one. The Packers did it to get a backup. Makes even more sense when you have no starter or backup. If both beat out Rusty we just upgraded both spots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar