Let's talk about Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TorontoTitanFan, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's going to be an open competition. Just because someone is drafted in the 2nd doesn't mean he's going to get the nod over a 6th round pick.

Look at what the Bucs did a couple years ago when they drafted Freeman. They had like 5 QB's in camp that season.

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

My point is that the Packers don't really know if Brohm was a mistake. He battled Flynn in training camp and lost out. ...and that was it. From that point forward, there really isn't much of a chance to move up the depth chart during the season and you really aren't getting practice reps. Next year, Brohm was out.

Trust your instincts and your scouts and coaches. Pick one guy you like (whether it be a 2nd rounder of 5th rounder) and give him a real shot. Use the other picks for positions where they can add depth and contribute to special teams.

3. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I think over drafting two cold rookies to the NFL, you get one solid QB who you truly believe will have a future. I mean thats what scouting is for right? (Although its not perfect), I do think we need two QBs in camp, but one NEEDS to be a solid veteran. To help the rookie in the beginning, be an example. And then move out of the way, two rookies qbs only means you end up cutting one or keeping both only to have no experience as a backup

4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

I honestly think we should draft a rookie high (second/third NOT FIRST!!!) and get a rookie in free agency.. there is still the possibility of stanzi, mcenroy, etc. being in the FA after the entire draft is done...
    of course.. CBA has to come screw that up..

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I hadn't paid attention to him up until reading this thread, but I wouldn't mind the pick at all if it happened now.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Have you looked at what Brohm has done in the league so far (26 QB rating)?
    If the Packers "trusted" their instincts and scouts they wouldn't have a decent backup QB right now. Brohm has been a total disaster and is a turnover machine. Obviously they made a mistake taking him that high or at all but it happens. With QBs it happens more than other positions.

I'd say more mistakes are made picking a guy early and trying to stay with him just because he is a high pick. Now if you end up with two good QBs by drafting two no problem. We need a couple anyway.

Another thing to consider is QBs can end up being value if you happen to end up with an extra guy who looks like he can play. Say we took a guy in the 2nd and a guy in the 5th or 6th and both were solid. We can always trade one of them and get back some of our value. Obviously if both stink it doesn't matter because either way you lose. QBs are such a crap shoot. You never know when you might have the next Tony Romo (undrafted) or Tom Brady (6th round pick). Actually the list of guys drafted late or undrafted that turned into legit franchise QBs is a pretty good one. Either way we improve our odds if we draft more than one of finding the guy we need.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Not to mention the pressure of playing them sooner than they otherwise would. If the Titans take a QB at #8, it will be expected that QB is playing by the midpoint of the season regardless of whether or not that QB is "ready". Some rise up in such circumstances and develop faster with real game experience but, often, the end result is a QB who loses confidence and struggles.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

The team already has a low round guy in Rusty Smith. I'd be fine with taking a qb whenever and giving Smith another year, but not taking 2 quarterbacks .

9. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

I agree... Rusty was sort of thrown to the fire wayy to early... though.. it was the texans.. who had one of the worst pass defense >.>
    Give him another chance...

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Rusty was a Fisher/Heimerdinger guy who has shown nothing so far. It will not be a surprise to see him get cut this offseason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar