Let's talk about Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TorontoTitanFan, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i was thinking of posted that.... but i dont know if munch will give him a second chance or not..
    anyways... only way we'll get colin is if the combine pushes him up to a 1st or 2nd... unlikely.. but possible.... if he stays where he is.. i doubt we'll get him since we'll already have a QB by then.. and he'll be gone if we decide to get another

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We need a plan C regarding QBs because it is looking more and more to me that Newton and Gabbert will be off the board by the time we pick. Some have Gabbert a clear #1 in this draft among Qbs and Newton's stock seems to be rising. So we either have to be willing to take a guy like Locker with that 8th pick or get somebody else in rd 2 or 3.

Kaepernick is preferrable in my mind to Ponder and a notch below Mallett so he would without a doubt be worth a third if we had not yet taken a QB or traded for one.

3. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Gabbert's stock has been sliding recently, I would not be shocked at all for him to be our pick at 8 as the 2nd QB off the board. Cam's stock is rising rapidly, and it would not shock me at all for him to go in the first 5 picks.

4. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

draft

RollTide...you do bring up an interesting question though. They were talking about this on Mike and Mike in the morning with Todd McShay (usually don't care for his scouting), that the likelyhood of their being a rookie wage scale would push more QBs into the first round this year because if they bust, it won't set the team back as much as it would have in previous years do to salary. They said as many as 4 QBs could go in round 1 (Newton, Gabbert, Mallett, Locker) that would leave Ponder and Kaepernick in round 2. If that was the case there is noway we could wait any longer to take a QB then round 2.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Mallett has Kerry Collins like mobility....no thanks.

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I am absolutely in love right now with Colin Kaepernick (in a totally platonic sports way of coarse). Every thing about this guy screams stud QB prospect. He has amazing size (6'6 and 225 lbs and he still can add more muscle onto his frame) and the strongest arm I've seen in college football since JaMarcus Russel. The best part about it though is unlike Russel he has intelligence and work ethic. Pre-senior bowl everyone was talking about him as a low round pick at WR/Wildcat trigger man. He had a great week of practice and a good game and now everyone has him as a second round QB.

I know Kaepernick has some issues coming out of college; mostly with regards to the system the Nevada ran and his mechanics but I think that a good QB coach and time under a veteran will put Kaepernick into a position to succeed and be a legit Franchise signal caller.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I say wait till the 2nd and grab Kaep.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We can only hope.

And Kaepernick over Ponder? Good to see your terrible QB evaluation is consistent, if nothing else.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You would have us taking Stanzi with the 8th pick that is how off your analysis is. He is a good third rd prospect.

As for Ponder? He is a right handed lienart. He just does not get the ball downfield well enough to be a quality starting NFL prospect.

Ponder couldn't even average 7 yards per pass in the ACC. That to me is a major red flag.

That's what makes your analysis of Newton so pathetically poor. Newton was a huge yardage producer, over 10 yards per pass attempt. 10.7% of Newton's passes were Tds. Those are big time numbers!

Ponder only produced 6.84 yards per pass attempt and only 6.6% of his passes went for 6.

It's one thing to dink and dunk your way between the 20s but Ponder was not a big play guy.

Ponder was the 4th best Qb in the ACC!

As for your analysis? There is none just a lot of gas.

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I liked Ponder before his shoulder surgery; in fact I had him as the second QB off of the board before the season started. The problem is he had questionable arm strength BEFORE he had to have surgery on his shoulder and that makes me wonder if he can physically compete in the NFL. Ponder is intelligent has hell but if he can't throw the football he isn't any better then Chad Pennington IMO. If the team is relatively certain that Ponder can recover his arm in time and with the proper strength and conditioning program then I am 100% sold on him but what we do not need is another QB that is never healthy and has noodle for an arm.

As it stands my two top QB's are Locker and Kaepernick. I have various issues with all the others and the biggest issues with those two can be fixed with coaching and NFL adjustment provided they have a good work ethic, which both are reported to have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar