Lets talk about the officials

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

What did you all think about the officiating last night?

The one thing I noticed that happened twice was the officials lack of blowing the whistle to stop the play. This is something that will get somebody hurt because you have guys rightfully thinking the guy is down so they let up and then get their clock cleaned by someone who is playing to the whistle.

It happened on the Seahawks first punt return. Their was know question that Campbell had tackled their returner, but no whistle is blown and the returner continued on. The ball was then placed back in the correct so the refs acknowledged that he was tackled. Later in the game Verner makes a tackle and no whistle and the receiver continues on until a step or 2 more when the whistle does finally blow as our guys are tackling him.

I think even with the real refs you will have inconsistency in the pass interference calls. It is just the nature of how bang-bang those plays are.

I will be watching for the slow whistle and see if it continues.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I've watched the majority of 12 games this week, and the refs SUCK all around the league. They're very hesitant to call things. And when they do make a call, it's very suspicious, and confusing. You're never really too sure what they're about to call. There is little consistency in the calls.

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

That PI call on Verner was BS ... the PI call on Robert Johnson was BS ... there were some missed PI calls against the Hawks

But like you said, even the real refs have trouble staying consistent with the PI calls.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The more they screw up, the better. The NFL will have more pressure to get this thing settled.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I was wrong about how the NFL should stick with replacements.

Now I think they should pay the first officials handsomely, and fine them when they make terrible calls to get the money back.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

^ Brilliant!!!

7. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

At first I didn't care about the replacement refs, I was kind of excited because I thought the original refs were garbage and didn't miss them. After watching several pre season games Im hoping the NFL pays the refs what they want so that they can be back by week 1!

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Those PI calls on Verner & RoJo were really awful! I couldn't believe that was PI. They also couldn't keep up with the 2 minute drill lol

The league needs to pay the real refs; they make too much money to justify not paying them. They're gonna make even more money this year with Thursday night games (more primetime); just pay the REAL refs!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar