Let's Talk AFC south

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Alright- I'm pathetically bored with the off-season. But seeing the Colts lose some key players on D, I'm optimistic about the AFC south shifting a bit.

Right now, I see the Jags looking the best-provided one of their QB's steps up. I see us winding up in second-maybe a shot at 1st with the Colts. Texans still in the cellar in my book.

Come one- weigh in if you are as bored as I am.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I see a three way struggle for first, with the Texans improving but still at the bottom. I could see the Colts ending up 10-6 and still winning the division, with the Titans at 9-7, and consistently mediocre Jags at 8-8. Texans maintain a 6-10, which they consider to be a successful year.

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I actually see the Texans going 7-9... if they start Sage Rosenfels.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I see the Colts still at number 1 (you really think Peyton isn't worth 11 wins by himself?). The Jags aren't really in good shape at all right now. I could see them dropping to possibly last. The Texans are still a long way away and will battle for 3rd as usual. The Titans aren't really in great shape either, with on significant additions, but plenty of significant losses. Take that away from a team who just missed the playoffs last year and consider the possible loss of a Pac-Man or injuries (which we mostly avoided last year) to key players and we could be looking at a really bad season. But hey, all of this before FA is even over much less the draft and training camp doesn't really mean much. But the preliminary outlook isn't so hot (except that the rest of our division is all falling as well).

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Alright, here's how I see it, we've lost a few players, but not much of significance (assuming Pac stays on the field) If we can have a good draft (something we've always been able to do aside from a few busts) I see us doing nothing but improving. Last year, we did win a few games we shouldn't have (Giants, Jags #2) but we also lost some we should have won (Colts #1, Ravens, Dolphins) so I see us doing at least as well as we did last year, I think somewhere in the range of 8-8 or 9-7, maybe 10-6 if we're lucky.

The Colts haven't really lost many important pieces, the one loss that might hurt (and I emphasize might) could be Harper, I don't see them slipping much, they'll probably finish in the 10-6 to 12-4 range, they're still the class of the division if not the conference.

The Jags still don't have a very good QB, I see them dropping off, they'll probably finish somewhere around 7-9 or 8-8.

The Texans will not have a winning season until they work on their o-line, they'll probably finish around 5-11, maybe 6-10

So that gives a final look of:
    Colts 11-5
    Titans 9-7 (possibly WC)
    Jags 7-9
    Texans 6-10

6. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I see the Colts and Jags at the top and we're either gonna make a strong run for 2nd or we're kicking it in the bottom with the Texans. The biggest problems I see is Vince still doesn't have a playmaking receiver and our running game is left up to the Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookie.

Now if Brandon Jones finally reaches his potential and plays like his "on field" role model, Terrell Owens, then Titans fans are in for some exciting games.

7. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

I'll save my prediction for August.

8. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Same here...too early to tell

9. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

It's hard to guess at what time will bring. I'm with most that this has been a depressing FA period. I liked Drew and Wade but they can be replaced with either someone on the current roster or through the draft. The defense is where most of my concerns lie. I like the additon of Harper for the secondary. If Pac can once again get through these off field incidents(after most likely a four game sus.) and Lowery/Fuller beat out Mr. Locks I see us upgraded. We have to get help on the D line. I'd love to see us pick up a good end and tackle to get in the rotation or better yet take over the position. The lb corps looks to be in good shape( now that we got Fowler;) ) so lets just hope for a draft where quality overcomes quantity.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Jones-Drew is too much of a hellion and should help the Jags stay in a lotta games. Wish we had him...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar