Lets talk Titan WR's

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Let's talk about WRs?

LET'S TALK ABOUT SEX!

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Whiz is scared of rookies, he let Oher start over Lewan, Washington over Sankey, Douglas over DGB, he just doesn't trust them at first Id say...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I focused on DGB at the game on the snaps he was in. He is not crisp at ALL in his routes. I'm sure that's what's keeping him from seeing more snaps. He is such a physical freak he hasn't required the separation to have the catches but he isn't going to be targeted with a rookie QB who is also being guided in a manner to gain confidence.

I bet they are focusing on DGBs route "sharpness" during the bye.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

That's pretty standard. Smart IMO- Hunter sure folded like a lawn chair with the pressure his first couple of years.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I said that would be an issue for him when we took him, so not surprising to hear that stood out to you.

That's a reoccurring issue with guys with size, they ignore the little things like that

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

Fisher/Munchak/Whiz - none of them have a stellar track record of introducing rookies. Perhaps its a trait of average/underperforming HC's.

I try not to listen to Whiz on the presser but I am sure there is a soundbyte that alludes to DGB and his route running somewhere , inferring that this is the reason he is being held back.

Douglas has been disappointing but I'll give it a few more games before getting pissy about his output. However , as it stands , he is not contributing anything that old Nate could not have done for an extra season at a knockdown cost over Douglas' deal.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Totally agree with this....3 games in a new system with a rookie QB is not sufficient here IMO.

Hunter has looked good (probably because of his demotion waking him up a bit), but my guess is that if he were a feature player instead of a sub he would revert back to his previous form.

DGB is the long term answer here, but he is not ready with his route running yet. I see him gradually starting to take snaps from Douglas as this season progresses, but it is not going to happen in the next couple of weeks IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Every time DGB is mentioned to Whiz he says something along the lines of "he plays well when he knows what he's doing." So I get the impression that DGB is struggling mentally to catch on.

But he has said that he will be worked in more and more as the season goes on and as hr progresses. Maybe the second half of the season, DGB can be unleashed and make an impact.

9. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

It sounds like DGB has the same issues he had at the combine. In his review it was reported he was lost when they put him on the whiteboard, and that his routes were rounded etc. They mentioned his lack of work ethic too.
    I hope at least the WE part is resolved.

If he can ever get it together and put his brain to work with his physical gifts he'll be a monster. But I have a feeling it's going to take awhile.
    His combine eval mentioned his lack of physicality too, but maybe after his EZ performance against Vontae on Sunday, that is being rectified. LOL

10. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Harry Douglas is a lateral step basically. He's a slightly younger Nate Washington, we all knew who he was when we signed him. He was a third receiver in Atlanta, he's a good, solid vet, but nothing spectacular; he's nothing you fear as a defense.

DGB on the other hand is something a defense has to account for, something they may have to scheme against. The guy is an automatic mismatch based on his size alone, watching Vonte Davis desperately try to flop to get a flag in the end zone against DGB was hilarious. We need more of that on the field, our best players have got to just play, rookies or not, end of story. There is no reason to start, in essence, two slot receivers in Wright and Douglas instead of Wright and DGB. DGB is a play maker and a red zone threat like nobody else on this team.

During his recent interview Whiz said that he doesn't want to overload DGB. The implication, I guess, is that because he's a rookie too much information will overwhelm him. However he's completely fine starting a rookie quarterback, a rookie right tackle and a rookie fullback who, correct me if I'm wrong, received his second career carry on the biggest play of the game Sunday. Hell Poutasi gave up FOUR sacks against the Browns and do we hear anything about not playing him because he may have been overwhelmed, no? And giving up four sacks is the very definition of being overwhelmed.

DGB would have owned the Dolts decimated, bench warmer secondary on Sunday, but Whiz just throws out the blah, Wright/Douglas duo, not forcing a mis-match vs. a thin Dolts secondary.

Thus far many Whiz's decisions have been underwhelming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar