Life After People

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Did anyone else catch this on The History Channel..
    Very interesting 2 hours documenting how things would unfold if humanity just ceased to exist all at once.. 1 Day, 10 Days, 1 Year, 25 Years and so on..
    Pretty amazing that experts predict there would literally be no trace left of human existence after 1000 years - only a few things like Mt Rushmore would survive the elements. Even the Hoover Dam would deteriorate and crumble..
    Stuff to ponder...

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

damn, i was looking forward to that. i guess i missed it

:(

3. It will be on again 100 times by the end of the year.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Side note - I've never understood the thought process on saving the planet by eradicating humans. No one would ever know how it turns out and no one would be around to appreciate it.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the tree huggers just want to eliminate the "bad" humans. Tree Huggers are "good" and if you disagree with them then you are "bad" and should be eliminated

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Well..except for the film crews from Discovery and The National Geographic channels...:ha:

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Thanks for the heads-up CC, I'll keep an eye out for it (sounds fascinating). As Starkiller said it's apt to be repeated ad nausea so I'm sure I'll be able to find it.

Does anyone here watch the show American Experience on PBS? It's somewhat hit and miss but the last two have been really interesting. The first was on the life and times of Andrew Jackson (who had a residence called the Hermitage right there in Nashville) and the one this week was on the lobotomy craze which hit the US in the 1940 and 50's (I was pretty much in the dark on this, so it was a real eye opener).

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

This particular show has no moral theme - just thoughts on what would happen if man was no longer.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

100% certified tree hugger here and I have no interest in eliminating any humans, just the behavior that destroys the environment for future generations and other species...

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I will watch it, but you gotta think there will be lots of artifacts preserved. Bones. Structures. Anyway, sounds interesting. I will watch. Chelsea Clinton in 2036, there is a chance of total destruction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar