Life After People

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd like to see a Planet Earth type documentary on the Universe (or the Solar System).

(I am guessing this Universe is that type of show)

2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I watched it last night. Sort of interesting and with no moral message at all, just what would happen to all our "stuff" as certain amounts of time passes. 1 day, 1 year, 10 years, 50, 100, 200, 500 ect. Basically sooner than you might think nature starts to erase our "stuff". In a 100,000 years they speculate the only human thing left you could id would be mount rushmore. BTY the last city with lights would be Vegas, thought that was cool.:grrhee:

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

He'll save the children, but not the British children!

I can't find it on YouTube anymore. Here's a load of other junk, though, that will cause you to be struck by lightning just for watching. Professor Brothers.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I really wanted to see this, it looked interesting though. Did it get boring? I didn't know how two hours of it would last...

5. Broken Record

I missed it, but I've set the DVR to catch it on Feb. 2.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

'Genesis 19 man.....total insanity'

7. Broken Record

Professor Brothers are a mess!

8. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

After watching the remainder of the documentary, I was really disappointed to say the least..

Whoever came up with the name should be fired. It should be changed from "Life after People" to "What would happen to all our belongings if not regularly maintained by People". Other than the minor reference to the increase in the Fish population which would take place (thanks to all the fishermen being dead), there was very little reference to "LIFE".

The documentary started well with the electricity going off everywhere, and pets escaping their homes and forced to survive in the outdoors, but then it started showing us what would happen to all our belongings and man made structures in time, and just stuck to that thought for the remainder of the movie.

I foolishly imagined the director would take a turn and focus on more interesting factors such as the environment, the ozone layer, global warming, wildlife, evolution of other creatures, the atmosphere, and how these would be adversely affected after humans disappear from the planet.. but instead you're led to suffer through an hour or so of engineers explaining how the cement between bricks expands during the summer which will cause it to collapse after 206 years or so.

Their solution for everything is to paint it, and it was almost comical to hear them stress that point over and over again. "the Eiffel tower is painted once every 7 years to avoid rusting", "the Manhattan bridge is painted every 2 years to avoid corrosion".

I was almost convinced the credits would show:

[​IMG]

All in all, I'd give this documentary a C- for lack of content. And thats being generous.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Disappointing to hear, Pitbull. I'd hoped more things would be included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar