Likely 4th round pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carp, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carp

Carp Starter

Several players on the board who fit our needs. Lets go over a few of them:

1. Alex Okafor, DE, Texas - this one is obvious. We need DE depth and he is the best of the rest. Ideal size, good not great speed, very good strength. Has some injury issues, but started over 35 games for Texas in 3 yrs with great production. A team captain for Texas as well.

2. Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama - He's possibly suited more towards a 3-4 style defense, but his size and strength also match up for 4-3 DT. Good strength and a great motor. Would add good depth and size to a thin defensive line. Rated as the 2nd best overall player on the board currently.

3. Phillip Thomas, FS, Fresno St. - A ball hawk who gets compared regularly to Reggie Nelson, he was primed to be 1st or 2nd round pick in the 2012 draft before a nasty leg injury. To his credit, he rebounded in 2012 and led the nation in INT's, taking 3 back for TDs. A strong tackler but has trouble with RB's in open space. The best safety on the board currently.

4. Barrett Jones, C/G/T, Alabama - I assume he needs no introduction, but to those uninformed, he has been staple on the Bama line the past few championship seasons, playing evey position on the offensive line. Would add tremendous depth to a line with little in the way of quality depth. Would be a very good option for replacing Velasco in 2014, who is in his last season.

5. Bacari Rambo, FS, Georgia - hard hitting Geogia safety who started over 30 games for Bulldogs. Part of a defensive unit that was one of the best in the nation in 2012. Rambo has good not great ball skills but is very good at the point of attack. Had some off-field issues and failed a drug test that got him suspended which hurt his draft status. Titans brought him in for a private workout so you know we are interested.

6. Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse - very fast safety with tremendous cover skills. Started over 30 games and played in over 40 games during his 4 yr college career. Has played LB, CB, and Safety in college. Solid tackler and takes good rtes to the ball. Small defender, listed at 5'9, but his speed and ball skills make up for his lack of height. Very good character. Forced to raise his 6 siblings after both parents died within 9 months of each other 2 years ago.

Other interesting names for our 4th round selection:

Jordan Poyer,CB, Oregon St.
    Kwame Geathers, DT, UGA
    John Kruger DE, Utah
    B.W. Webb, CB, William and Mary
    Nico Johnson, MLB, Alabama
    Ryan Otten, TE, San Jose St.
    Matt Barkley, QB, USC
    Ryan Nassib QB, Syracuse

2. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

All seem like good options, but I honestly have no idea what they are going to do next! My logic was OLB in round 2, WR DE or CB in 3. I'm interested to see who we grab moving forward.

3. Young54

Young54 Starter

I like Brandon Jenkins. I would roll the dice on him. I like Barrett Jones, but I feel like we signed a lot of G/C guys this off season already. Not sure if he can develop into beast at C.

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Sucks we lost Oakfor but there is still a lot of talent at DE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar