Likely first round targets by position?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Chris Houston at 19 is a bit of a reach...

2. zackmann

zackmann Guest

In the 1st round, I have my eyes on Carriker (DL), Okoye (DT), Willis (LB), Houston (CB), Hall (CB), Nelson (S), and Landry (S)...

now, I thought I remember Fisher saying that Saftey isn't a need for us, so I would doubt we go with Nelson or Landry, though I would love to be proven wrong.

I love Willis, but also doubt if the FO thinks we need a MLB that bad...

I also don't think Carriker or Okoye will be available at #19...those are my top 2 choices though, and I would love to trade up to get Okoye if possible...

I don't want a WR at #19, regardless of any circumstances that suggest we should take one...1st round WR's suck, IMO.

And if we sign Harper (which I hope we do) then I don't know if I would take Houston or Hall in the 1st...

In the 2nd and 3rd rounds, I think we can get some good players...

I think Moss (DE) might be available in the 2nd round...

I think there might be a good CB available in rounds 2 or 3...

and I think Kenny Irons (RB) or Steve Smith (WR) or Bush (RB) will be available in the 3rd round...

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

We should have some great choices at DE in the first round. Few will go before our number. I think we have to go there before we fill any other position.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Upon further review, Chris Houston will be the #1 ranked CB on our board. Why? Because he's the best man cover, bump and run corner in the draft. Leon Hall will be next. More overall experience, can play both, but Houston is too strong and too fast and better in man coverage. Darrelle Revis followed by Eric Wright.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I know we'll be looking hard at DE, but I see three or four guys could all go ahead of our pick. I think we'll be looking at one of Jarvis Moss or Adam Carriker if we're lucky. I would lean toward Carriker probably, but Moss could be good. I just feel a little like 19 is a reach for him, but he could go in the first half for all I know. I also think there's an outside chance Anderson could fall, but it's such a small feeling. The problem I see is between 19 and 51, most of the rest of the top 10 DEs will come off the board. That position isn't falling right to us as I'd hoped. I like Charles Johnson, but not at 19, and I'm pretty sure he won't last until 51 (50 with the Bengals missing out). Hope we don't draft Quentin Moses in 2 and he busts. That would suck. That will be a huge "wait and see" pick if it happens.

6. zackmann

zackmann Guest

how many spots would we have to trade up to get Okoye?

7. none, he sucks

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:biglaugh:

9. i tell it like it is, cuz hes a boring position remember

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

oh of course, how could i have forgotten, we should take WRs and QBs every year because they can be exciting.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar