Limas Sweed ?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by KingTitan25, Oct 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Honestly, from what I've seen of this offense, we really need a receiver who can make something happen after the catch. Sure a deep threat would be nice, but seriously would be misused in this offense. We need a guy who can make a 5 yard completion into a 15 yard completion. Someone like Steve Smith who even with four guys on him will still bull his way forward for the first or someone whenever he touches the ball is a home run threat.

With that said, I don't watch much College football. The only way I know of prospects and the "wunderkind's" of the game are through NFL Draft sites and here. I've seen the highlights of DeSean Jackson and am seriously impressed. Regardless if he plays in the Pac-10, this kid is truly talented and extremely impressive. Not to mention he has the numbers to prove it over the past 3 years. So, I wouldn't have anything against him.

But in regards to Sweed, why not give Vince someone he's familiar with? Worked out alright with Bo, maybe it'll work out again. However, Sweed's numbers with Vince and after Vince tell a different story. Another thing is his numbers aren't very impressive, speed-wise that is.

Bottomline: if the value is there at Reciever in the first, we should go for it.

2. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

I really like the dude from Oklahoma.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Sweed just doesn't have that big play potential I don't think. He'll probably end up as another mediocre receiver, but if that's the case, our staff is probably drooling over him. haha

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

justin forsett

5. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

sweed looks pretty good in these highlights. for the ppl sayin he isnt that fast well he looks like hes ok to me. the more comphert vince has i say the better. plus u know they would work well together like manning and harrisson do i bet.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S8UQ2cZuHxw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S8UQ2cZuHxw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

If we go RB (which I shudder to think that we'll spend a high pick on a RB for the third straight year), I would love to have Mike Hart from Michigan. Dude is a beast. The only thing that worries me about him is that he's been taking a pounding for four years already, just how fresh are those legs?

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

RB in FA (Turner hopefully), WR in draft (Manningham will be gone and Sweed, Doucet would be sweet to have in Nashville), and then maybe pick up a Center to groom when Mawae leaves, although the OLine farm system that Munchak has in place has worked well in the past, but most importantly stack that D

8. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

Sweed is slow and has bad hands. The Titans should look at Kelly at Oklahoma instead.

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

In this order of WR's I want.

1. Adarius Bowman - Oklahoma St. 6'4 220 50 rec 6 td 802 yds 16 ypc
    2. Early Doucet - LSU 6'1 210 22 rec 2 td 246 yds
    3. Mario Manningham - Michigan 6'0 180 46 rec 6 td 658 yds
    4. DeSean Jackson - California 6'0 170 41 rec 4 td 453 yds
    5. Malcolm Kelly - Oklahoma 6'4 215 31 rec 8 td 553 yds

Oh add James Hardy to that list he would be a perfect fit I mean you can't overthrow him and he made Justin King a top CB look pathetic this week with 14 rec 142 yds 2 td.

6.James Hardy - Indiana 6'8 230 45 rec 11 td 748 yds

10. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

not really

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar