Linebacker Depth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

This is one position that kinda has me worried once we get past the front line. Bullock and Thorton are locks. Im hoping Tulloch takes the MLB spot but it should be a good battle between him and Fowler. I say give Toone and Nande at least another year to develope. So second string down you have

Spencer Toone
    Terna Nande
    Ryan Fowler
    Ken Amato
    Gilbert Gardner WHO?
    Collin Allred WHO?
    Levar Woods WHO?

Doesnt look like too deep of a squad if you ask me and it looks like we are especially think at the OLB spot:irked:

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

James Laurinitus

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Gilbert Gardner is decent depth at OLB and I think Terna should improve a good bit and will eventually take over an OLB spot.

Toone well he does nothing to impress and he looks like he's 40 and starving.
    http://titansonline.com/team/players/bio.php?PRKey=333

Allred and Woods are scrubs so they should be cut.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Gilbert Gardner started for most of the year last year for Indy and although he was replaced because he didn't play well at least he has NFL starting experience and is familair with the cover 2 scheme.

Levar Woods is a 6th year vet who has also had some starting experience in the NFL.

Amato is our long snapper and plays STs. We hope we don't get down to him playing on a regular basis but he will make the team.

Nande is a guy who might look like Tarzan but plays like Jane and considering they can't even justify keeping him active for ST duty makes me wonder if he is going to be around very long. Now if he wanted to switch to RB and re-enter the draft we could take him in the second round next year.

Toone looks like Jane and plays like Jane.

You can see why the Titans jumped on Gardner when he became available because right now we don't have much depth at OLB. I wouldn't doubt if we see Tulluck getting some reps at the LOLB, strong side because he might be the most viable backup if Thornton goes down. Indy was playing Gardner on the strong side last year because they had another undersized guy in Cato June playing the weak side and Gardner apparently isn't physical enough to play well over there at only 228 pounds.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Oh I didn't even see Terna play last year except for ST. So saying he plays like Jane or w/e is baseing your opinion on a couple of time you whatched him run straight down the field and try to tackle a guy you know which gives you great tape of how he really plays. He was lucky to have a minute of tape or so of himself running straight down the field so.............w/e moving on.

Toone yes bad.

Levar is a scrub IDK if he has 20 years NFL exp. he sucks.

Amato obviously made the team since he's our long snapper but :obvious: change the "hello" to "thank you" for you insight.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

yessir

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You are aware of the fact that Nande, a guy who is 6' 230 pounds or solid muscle (41 reps in the bench press) and can run a 4.51 40 was cut at the start of the season......
    He was signed later to the practice squad and then cut again. Later he was brought back to the practice squad and finally they did let him on the active roster where he did get one tackle in his one game.

In other words he wasn't even good enough to hardly stay on the Titans practice squad and we got guys saying he is going to take over for Bulluck. Anything is possible but having not seen him play much I can still say he isn't very good simply because if he amounted to much of anything at all he would have made the final roster as a STs demon considering his blazing speed and build. Obviously he could have the light go on but IMO it is very pre-mature to expect him to be solid depth if Bulluck or Thornton should go down and there was a reason Lavar Woods and Gardner were brought in.

I also like how you have no problem saying Toone is bad when he may have as much of a chance of making the roster as Nande. He to was cut, added to the practice squad released again and added again to the PS.

I hope one of these guys amounts to something.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Maybe Schwartz thinks Nane is cute, so Fisher gives ol'Terna a hard time. Darn jealousy.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It is an issue..

Mainly if bulluck goes down because he just can't be replaced he is such a good player. He never misses a game so let's hope that continues. If thornton goes down a fowler or tulloch can play the sam. More than likely fowler. I don't see much from nande i thought he was pretty unimpressive in pre-season last year. Given the players who made the team ahead of him last year (toone, reynolds, amato) why would anyone be high on him?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If Terna pulled his finger out he could be a pretty good player considering , as Soxcat pointed out, his size and amazing speed for a LB.

I know he had his family issues to deal with prior to the season and wasn't he even a late comer to camp (a 5th round hold out?).
    Hopefully he will have a good working knowledge of the playbook and how the NFL is played.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar