Linebackers situation is bleak

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't think adding anyone to the linebacker position is going to make much of a difference. I feel that 80% of our problems there begins at the position coach. Like trying to keep the Titanic from sinking with a bucket.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I hate this argument.

PFF is the new Bleacher Report.

Ok, so PFF rates this guy at such and such. Why and how? I seem to remember them ranking some unusual things before. Its a website you can go to and get the information you are looking for from it, I don't think it is an accurate indication of play, for the most part.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Did I ever say I thought Brown should be benched? No. I don't believe it helps his development to bench him.

Did I ever say I think the coaching staff is good? No. I think they are bad and they make terrible decisions.

Is any of that relative to the actual argument I posed, which is that the Titans' have invested a lot of early draft picks in linebackers and have almost nothing to show for it? No.

Stop arguing tangents, people. Please use logic.

This is not logic: (A) The coaches are bad, and (B) the coaches benched one of the linebackers, so (C) the linebackers must be awesome!

If you can't see what that's flawed, then I can't help you.

The objective reality is that Brown, Ayers and the rest of the linebackers are playing poorly. That's a big problem.

I don't mean to call just you out, RTH. I'm referring to like half the responses in this thread.

4. TorontoTitanFan

NFL teams use PFF grades.

They explain on the site "why and how."

To compare it to B/R is just foolish.

5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I'll say this, Zach Brown would be the last LB in that corp I would get rid of.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Well, you aren't wrong... but, you HAVE to include the LB coach in this as a HUGE part of it. Seriously, since this new guy took over, we have actually seen this group regress.

Grown men should know... that's that argument... but, we've seen, more times than not, that these grown players need coaching up.

I don't think they are awesome, nah... but, I think the coach is "preventing" them from being a good group. At least solid.

7. TorontoTitanFan

I agree with this. Still holding out hope. But it's extremely concerning that he's regressing.

8. TorontoTitanFan

Totally agree the coaching has been horrendous. I think that's one thing we can all agree on.

I just think there's a significant talent problem, too.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

Yes it is.

All I'm curious about is how this regression seems to coincide with the coaching change... disconcerting, to say the least.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

eh

all I know, is I have seen some pretty shoddy arguments justified using PFF. Not saying that this is a poor argument, because the linebackers are playing poorly, but you cannot calculate schemes and coaching into PFF. Which I believe is our problem here. I think CJ Mosley would have little to no impact here.

After seeing us get torched on the ground so poorly, I think we need to invest in another DT and DE. Stop the bleeding in the run game up front, and hope it doesn't allow teams to pass on us.

I just have zero faith, that outside of receiver and secondary, that our coaches can properly coach put anyone or put them in position to succeed. We cannot have Ray Lewis line up at every position, this team has far too many needs right now to be justifying any more revenue at LB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar