Linebackers situation is bleak

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Small unit leadership is the backbone of any successful organization.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

That sounds really nice but is there any evidence it's true?

The Patriots are constantly losing position coaches and coordinators to other teams, yet they remain a playoff team year after year. The evidence in that case suggests strong, top-down leadership is the backbone.

Just playing devil's advocate here. I don't have a strong opinion either way.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Hammer

A good manager/director/whatever has the responsibility to make sure the small unit leaders are doing their job well. I would say that is Belichick's greatest strength.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't disagree in theory. But in reality sometimes players do need motivation.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, you can always argue motivation and I think each person is different. Some people can easily motivate themselves (I think Pollard is a great example), but just like in a normal workplace there are bound to be some who are more motivated by people around them.

I never felt I had problems getting motivated for a game, but after meeting and talking to Jeff Reinebold at a clinic I also realized that there are coaches out there with the ability to inspire and motivate me more than I can by myself. Which underpins why I believe coaching is so much more than just knowing the x's and o's and why great players don't necessarily make good coaches.

6. The Hammer

Yes, we live in the real world. Not the "Should" world.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

fair point.

So Brown lost some friends on the team or something?
    Did he punt Jerry Grays poodle?
    Failed too courtsey flush?

8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Didn't he also have a dumb ass penalty on 3rd down that contributed to us losing?

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea, that was what my post above was referencing.

10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I just don't understand why anyone ever thought Ayers was good. And fokuo isn't good either. One is in the wrong scheme and the other is a strictly a backup. There's a reason why we drafted gooden in the 3rd. I promise you it was with the mindset of replacing Ayers.

With Brown and McCarthy we do have alot of talent. But mlb is like our qb situation, we have to decide if we should bring in an upgrade at mlb or take the risk of our starter getting hurt and having to fall back on a backup again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar