Linemen..linemen....linemen!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sorry for starting another thread but i fiqure there are about 3 mario threads we can retire now.

I think that after we draft our QB of the future the main focus of this draft should be on the offensive line and defensive tackle. If not in rd 2 then probably later in the draft with our numerous late picks. I want us to build ourselves up front.

DT, michigan DT babe watson fiqures to be available with the 39th pick. He's a 337lb run stopper who might press starks for a starting spot and should be able to move long and claus back.
    We certainly need to improve on claus and long not just as the #3 and #4 DT but to get a guy with the upside to maybe even start someday. Haynesworth has 2 years left under contract so we need to think about it.

OG, the titans will have plenty to pick from here in rd 2. There are 4-6 quality guys likely to go in rd 2 and at least 3 will still be there for us. Giles, joseph, lutui would all look nice in a titan iniform. I'm sure chow will love having lutui who was very impressive in the rose bowl.

OT, mcneil and winston might both be available with the 39th pick but reese might not be to willing to go OT after picking three in 2005. All three picks made the team last year and we know how successful the roos pick was but the question is whether a stewart or looper is ready to start.

Center, it would be great if mangold the top rated center would fall to us @39 but that won't happen. No other center is worth even a 3rd rd pick so the next guy to look at is chester the oklahoma center who might be there for us in rd 4. We can upgrade over amano and maybe have our center of the future when the old guy steps down.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

the 'g' not working on your keyboard Roll?

I certainly would not mind take a OG or OT in the 2nd, Center we signed Mawae, i think that position can wait.
    I dont see OT or OG as a much more pressing need then the other either, regardless of taking 3 tackles last year.
    Taking a guard should improve over our current starters and one could be released.
    Taking a Tackle fills the RT or LT need, depending on who we pick and where we want to play Roos.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

In the second round, I really want either a OT or one of the middle LBs, but I don't really know enough of those players to grade them out. I'd say within those positions it should be BPA.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Why does no one think Sirmon is capable of playing MLB ? Screw that, we need an OL, CB, or HB with our 2nd rounder. (or qb if we end up not going that route in round 1)

5. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

No way do we take RB with round 2 unless Maroney or Addai falls. We've already used a 3rd on one this year and a 5th last year.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Those would be the options...

7. I feel that we should take a MLB in the 2nd round, not an O-Line, although, there are a lot of decent players available in that round.

I feel if we want an O-Line, we should go for one in the 4-5th round.

Ovner and Player Greed Are Killing the Game!!!

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

There'll will be some pretty good linemen there at 39. I did like Watson the few times I saw him, but I'd lean more toward o-line.

If they're serious about giving Sirmon the mike role, I think it could work out.

Reese has blown a lot of high picks on CB's lately....will he again?

9. talldrinko

talldrinko Guest

we did pick RB WHO FELL

Lendale White

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar