Lions acquire LB Peterson from Seahawks (AP)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Lions trade Cory Redding

Schwartz makes a very questionable move, by getting rid of his best defensive player also tied up for 6 more seasons for an aging pass rushing OLB in Julian Peterson. Very surprising. Julian Peterson is more of 3-4 fit, does that mean that Schwartz is going to switch to 3-4?? I would have kept Redding, he's a blossoming player just about to enter the prime of his career. Any thoughts?

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The curse of the Lions continues. I knew Schwartz wouldnt make it any better.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

All he has to do is win 1 game to make it better.

4. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

The Detroit Lions need linebackers, and the Seattle Seahawks had one to spare. Detroit acquired Pro Bowl linebacker Julian Peterson on Saturday from the Seattle Seahawks for defensive tackle Cory Redding and a fifth-round pick in next month's NFL draft. Both players must pass physicals to complete the trade.

More...

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

That's an incredibly good trade for Detroit. Not only do they get a better player, but they get out from under that ridiculous contract given to Redding.

Nice move Jimbelina.

6. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

They might actually get a decent LB corps in Detroit. And they need to, with that crappy D-line...

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Redding was not some budding star just a decent player. Peterson is the better player much like keith bulluck for us. With peterson and simms they have a first rate set of active linebackers.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Lions linebackers..

Ernie simms-123 tackles on average last 3 seasons

Paris lenon-Over 100 tackles last 2 seasons

Julian peterson 5 time pro bowler

Looks like a great move to me.

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

well, we both have our opinion. I do wonder however how the LBs liked being kept clean? Now their going to be eaten up by OLinemen. Athletically he compares to Bulluck, but he is a much more used rush-LB and more physical. I guess if he's going to drop in coverage every snap, he falls into Schwartz grand scheme of playing passive and letting everything play underneath. It just seems like you're wasting Peterson's rush talent, and also giving up Redding's upside as a DT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar