Lipstick on a PIG (Ben-gals game)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I watched the Fisher show last night, and I swear after watching coach talk for a few minutes and showing coaches tape I was sure my tv set had it wrong, we won that game. :sarcasm: Seriously, he showed how on several plays what the breakdowns were and how the Titans were actually very close to holding a 21-7 lead early in the game if all the if the, and woulda, shoulda's had worked out. Pretty much what I expected. Good to see Vanden Bosch however, he seemed like a standup guy about the whole thing.

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I can usually go along with some of that - often a couple of key plays can be the difference in losing or winning... and the point swing can easily be 20 or more. And yes, maybe we were close to holding a 21-7 lead - but here's why that didn't happen:

Titans:
    2-10 on 3rd down.
    0-5 in the red zone.
    0-3 goal to go.
    21:30 Time of Possession

Bengals:
    14-18 on 3rd down.
    5-6 in the red zone.
    5-6 goal to go.
    38:30 Time of Possession

Those differences are more than just a few plays that didn't go right. We got whooped in every area.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'm sure Lewis could point out similar plays that if successful could have resulted in a complete blowout. It's always like that in sports.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

34-6 isn't a complete blowout?

Fisher is so full of crap, I wish he would just come out and say that we were terrible and there was nothing positive about this game except that it's over.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree that his "all is well" routine is annoying.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

My favorite Jeff Fisher moment was when we got killed by a team, and he said something along the lines of:

"see, on this play Lamont Thompson played it perfectly, but the quarterback threw the ball wrong, and accidentally scored a touchdown" (when Lamont was clearly burned)

Fisher's a joke. He'll never admit that the coaches suck, the players suck, etc. He always finds silly excuses for everything, and that's why he's always been a mediocre coach. He doesn't know how to analyze.

7. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Head coaches have to be about 25% politician. If not, they go all Dennis Green or Mora and get fired.

This is normal damage control and righting-the-ship speak.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

There are many coaches out there that admit that the team and coaches didn't do their jobs well. Ive never seen another coach in the nfl make as many excuses as Fisher. "Well, you see, right here, we were 1 block away from a 97 yard touchdown, but instead we lost 3 yards"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar