List of Mariota Trade Possibilities

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by dtm586, Apr 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I posted a link earlier. Webster's reasoning was complete BS. Rookie salary slots are less the lower they are taken. There is nothing that prohibits a trade.

2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I feel like the Mariota to Titans train is slowing down and the trade train is revving up. I had kinda gotten used to the idea of Mariota being here and started liking the idea (I even started trying to find old Hasselbeck #8 jerseys online so I could just have another name plate printed on it because I'm cheap like that).

The two teams in question, the Eagles and Chargers are way down in the first round. Ruston said yesterday he only has 16-17 players with a 1st round grade and being at #17 and #20 puts you outside of that. So he'd have to get a LOT back in return.

3. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

But there are rules put in place about it after the Rivers Manning trade. That's why it has not been done since. It wont happen.

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

So we would be asking for player or picks next year, or both. It better be a great offer. I'd hate to pick low down and miss out on top talent when we could just take Cooper, White or Williams at 2.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

What rules?

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

Completely agree. Even trading with SD and getting Rivers, we still need at least #17 back. Ideally, more than that. I'd throw in a later round pick, like our 4th rounder (which is the first pick on day 3), for Rivers, #17 and their 2nd.

If it's with the Eagles, I hope Ruston thinks to ask for Jordan Matthews and Fletcher Cox. Matthews would be a perfect fit in our WR corps, and Cox eases the pain of not being able to take Williams.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. 2ToneBlueBlood

PS - If the trade with the Eagles happened and we got Fletcher Cox and drafted Danny Shelton at #20 (if he fell) how good would our defensive line be!? Casey - Shelton - Cox. Dang, that's pretty exciting, especially knowing they'd be coached by LeBeau.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. 2ToneBlueBlood

BREAKING - Check Twitter. Cleveland just offered us 2, 1st round picks for #2.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

10. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar