Rumor Locker might need season-ending surgery

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by finz50, Oct 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If he needs surgery I'd rather he go ahead and do it so he will be as ready as possible for 2013. I hate to say it, but this team is going nowhere this season regardless. There's just no fixing this defense mid-season. We have the worst defense in the league and a mediocre at best offense.

We're 1-3 overall and 0-3 in the conference. Playoffs are a pipe dream. Thinking we could actually go deep if we were to make it is just pure insanity.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I more or less agree. I am more worried about his long term health, this season didn't have high expectations to start with. I seen a statistic some where stating teams that start 0-2 have a 12% chance of making the playoffs. Even if we did, we would be a one and done team. We would gain some experience but would have no real chance at making the superbowl, so what would really be the point?

Hopefully some good will come out of this situation though. Perhaps it will persuade our front office and coaches to look better in the draft and free agency and find our young QB and even CJ (granted I don't think this is the only problem he is having) better quality interior offensive linemen. Stewart and Roos are solid players, the 3 interior guys are a joke. Even when Amano is healthy hes mediocre at best.

3. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Here's the question. If he has the surgery, I'm hoping the coaching staff doesn't bank on just rolling with Hasselbeck and Rusty, do they sign another QB? Is there even anyone halfway decent out there?

That said, Locker should have the surgery. I had the same thing happen to my shoulder playing in college, never had the surgery and still regret it. I think he should do it. We're heading nowhere this season anyway.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

We need to bring JEFF GARCIA out of retirement.:)

5. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Jake Delhomme?
    Luke McCown?
    Max Hall?
    Billy Volek? lol
    Donathon McNabb?
    Kyle Boller?
    AJ Feely?

I think we would be better off just rolling with Rusty and Matt....

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm sure they'd sign another QB. But it'd be Hasselbeck starting the remainder of the season, barring injury. Heck, when our playoff hopes are mathematically squashed, I wouldn't mind seeing The Rifle starting the rest of the season. Let him get some more real game time and see if he's worth keeping around as a backup.

7. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

That's what I was getting at. It's Hasselbecks job but he's not so dependable in the health department either. Man, this sucks.

8. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Its time to unleash the rifle!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

If he has this surgery before the season is over he is a candy a** and we need to look else where

10. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

Even though we aren't going anywhere this season, he needs to play for the experience. If he gets the surgery and then starts next season, he's gonna be an inexperienced QB still.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar