Locker should get the call

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Munchak is really irking me the wrong way. No emotion, same fisher mentality, no personality.

Now he's playing favorites. Sound familiar?

Hasselbeck has been terrible for a month now. I mean he hasn't been anywhere near good. His completion percentage is up, but hes just not getting it done.

-3 points vs Atlanta, couldn't move the ball. Locker came in and move it with ease. Even TJ Yates had a good game against the Falcons.

-1 Offensive Touchdown vs Tampa Bay, if it wasn't for CJ we would have lost that game something like 24-3.

-140 yards and no touchdowns against the Bills. Once again CJ bailed him out and kept our season alive.

-Yesterday Hass was just awful. Balls getting batted down, not going down field with it. Absolutely awful. Him getting injured was the best news of the day because we once again got to see a rookie quarterback out perform him.

Hass is really no better than Kerry Collins, I'll probably get the it sucks barrage because of everyone who thinks Hasselbeck is better than mcnair, but its true. His 82.9 rating doesn't impress me, he's got 2 touchdowns and 4 picks in the last 5 games.

Locker is out htere throwing bombs like its second nature, MATT HASSELBECK HAS YET TO COMPLETE A DEEP BALL YET. Locker had like 3 yesterday alone.

No one can convince me that Locker isn't the better Quarterback. Defenses have figured Hasselbeck out, no one respects his arm, the safeties are coming up every play. He's a liability to the run game, and he's terrible in clutch time because his first and only read is the check down.

We've got two of our easiest games of the season coming up, no better time to start Locker and let him develop in meaningful games. He's clearly got a grasp of the offense, probably more of a grasp in 13 weeks than VY had in 5 years. He was calling audibles and alerts at the line in a game he didn't even prepare for as a starter.

I'll admit, his accuracy is still coming along, but the thing is when he misses he doesn't miss to the defense, he misses either out of bounds or into the turf.

He's the best athlete Tennessee has ever seen at the Quarterback position, hes clearly the better passer, and hes shown he can put us in position to win.

Locker should start next week versus Indianapolis for his first career win, but he won't because we have a Poor man's Jeff Fisher at Head coach.

Don't be surprised if Ruud starts once he's healthy.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I recall a MH 4th down TD game before this one. And I would of felt more confident w/ MH out there yesterday for our last play. Im not saying he would of got a TD, but I believe he would of at least thrown the ball.

• High Five High Five x 5
  3. TheSureThing

That was our only offensive touchdown against a 4-9 team.

1 touchdown in 60 minutes makes you feel comfortable?

4. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I'd like to see them start Jake Locker also.It would give him some game experience which could definitely help going into next season.With Matt not a hundred percent and playing poorly as of late then it would benefit us to start Locker.

5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Did we win that game?

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

We might not have a choice. Collins had the same injury last year and missed two games.

At least if Locker does get the start the next two weeks it will be against the Colts and the Jags. The bad news is our playoff hopes would rest in the hands of a rookie quarterback.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

This is where you lost me.

8. TheSureThing

lets bring back VY then

9. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

It should be 100% certain that Locker starts this week....the guy is a stud and was throwing darts like Rodgers yesterday....he seems to be a very good downfield passer, the opposite of Hasselbeck

And just saw the Texans cut D Mase....we should pick him up being that Nate is hurt and our WR depth is so thin

10. TheSureThing

ok than Find an argument....

they both check down 90% of the time

both of them make stupid decisions with the football

both of them are old and washed up

both of them had better players backing them up

both of them had a head coach who would sniff their jock

its scary the comparisons..

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar