Locker vs Luck

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan43, Dec 4, 2012.

1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Fair enough. I was thinking more intangibles than stats though. Locker has yet to put the team on his back and carry them to victory. Luck has done it a few times IIRC.

Luck just seems to have "it". While Locker so far has a tendency to make the same mistakes over and over. Granted, he didn't get many opportunities last year and he's been banged up this year. I'm a Locker fan though, don't get me wrong. I still have high hopes for him here in Tennessee. But I'd trade him straight up for Luck any day of the week if it were up to me.
  2. Titan43

Titan43 Pro Bowler

I see where you are coming from, and its all just opinion at this point in thier careers, but if it were me, I would rather trade coaching staffs straight up than QBs if I was given the choice. I think that is the biggest difference between the 2 teams.
    • High Five High Five x 3
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Luck appears to be the better QB, but you can't really determine this until at least a few more seasons.
  4. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Does anyone know of a website where you can break down the types of passes quarterbacks complete? I would be willing to bet a good percentage of Locker's completions come from bubble screens and comeback routes
  5. jplusip

jplusip Starter

Rookie QBs are generally only as good as their WRs. Newton had Smith, RGIII has Garcon, Luck has Avery (who we HAD... damn FO) and Wayne, Locker has... ????
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I don't think it is so much just the receivers.....

as it is/was

CJ and the line

then the injury

then the drops

so basically what I am trying to say is the inconsistency is killing Locker.
  7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Don't Do Stupid Sh't !

I do appreciate the work you put into that analysis brother, but you need a girlfriend. You have waaaaaaaaay too much free time.
  8. steverife

steverife Starter

The thing that is scary to me about Locker is that his pro career is starting to match his college career. Hard worker, everyone likes him, tough, ridiculous physicals, but he is inconsistent and doesn't win a lot of games.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Cause he took 10 mins to dig up some stats?
  10. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

If that's the way you talk to people, perhaps your own advice would suit you.
    • High Five High Five x 1