Locker will be a better qb than Manning one day

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfantilidie, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Sorry, comments werent directed at you ;)

I enjoyed your argument just fine, and agree.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

it would be nice if Locker could be better than PM but QB's like Manning don't come around to often.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. stump1000

stump1000 NFL Insider

I can't believe anyone thinks Eli is better than Peyton. It's not even close. Why do people not realize that there is more to a win/loss than just the qb play? Am I the only Titan fan that has watched Eli play? He rarely impresses me.

I doubt Eli is even a top 10 QB. He has got lucky a lot of times and always has teammates in key positions that step up when the time comes.

For the record, Vince Young always gives Eli and the Giants a fit. He beat them again in 2011 as an Eagle. :lol:

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd want nothing more than Locker to be better than Manning but I think the only time Locker will be better than Manning is when Locker is 35 years old and Manning is 50-something.

However, as Eli et al prove, you don't need to be Peyton Manning good to win a Superbowl.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not once, in my life, have I ever come back and said Erick was right.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Peyton in his prime > Eli in his prime

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Mainly just postng to test my new sig. Whatcha think?

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Ok, I can't make my sig pic work... what gives?

Got it.

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

No....just the big games in which he choked.

Next example....losing the '98 Orange (may be wrong on bowl) Bowl game to Nebraska, with basically the same team that TEE MARTIN took to the national championship the following season.

I also personally witnessed him choke in the playoff game against us in 2000, and even called it prior to the game (in the restroom before the game, much to the chagrin of the Colts fans LOL) by telling folks that "You all are about to learn what we in Tennessee (lived there back then) have known for 6 years....Peyton Manning ALWAYS chokes in the big game". That was FUN....

Sure, you can throw up games that he played well...he is a great talent, no doubt. But he has yet (after 16 years now, both college and pro) to show me that he does not at least tighten up significantly when the stakes are high.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Whyyyyyyy do you have us boning a Jaguar? I know I have higher standards than f*cking the whore every other team has screwed. Come on, there's gotta be another team more attractive than the Jaguars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar