Loga Ryan, CB Pats

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

A lot of people want the other CB in NE, but I think I like Ryan more. He is unrestricted, which makes him a lot more desirable. He is also very distruptive and could be a great get as one of our starters. Below is an article from PK showing a quote from JRob about drafting Ryan. I would bet anything the Titans at least try very hard to sign him.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0615181641697990034-4

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea Ryan has been getting talked up quite a bit the past 2 weeks here, gotta imagine hes on JR's short list of guys to pursue...

3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Instant upgrade over anything we have. But then again that is not saying very much. Not sure that we do not have the worst cb crew in the league. You have to tip the hat to the defensive staff that they were able to sort of camo how bad it was. We need to sign and draft multiple corners!

4. JCBRAVE

My plan for the offseason if I were JR is sign a FA CB, and draft another in the 1st, maybe even another later in the draft..

I just dont like drafting by need, would like to see us fill any holes in FA and use the draft to collect the best players...

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

definitely an upgrade. But I think the Pats have proven that it's the organization that wins, not necessarily one certain individual player. David Givens, for example. Matt Cassel, for another example. Belichick/Pats take their players to a level they'd never get to without the Pats, and will likely never get to, after leaving the Pats.

But of course, I'm not opposed to picking him or any other NFL caliber CB up.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

At least you got his name right. Most people here have been saying "Ryans".

I think he would be a good fit as a #2. We would need to pair him with a #1 in the draft or we will be calling for his head like every other corner we have that can't match up with the best in the league. Solid player. Would compare him to J Mac from a few years ago. Solid, but not great.

7. JCBRAVE

Thats to keep the dogs off our trails so we can move freely in FA

gotta respect titans1839 strategy to misspell Logan

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I am sure JRob knows all about Ryan... he was still a scout with the Pats when Ryan was drafted, I believe. So if we pursue him I'd say that bodes well. If not, it means JRob isn't a big believer in him.

I think he has to be near the top for CB options in FA though... pretty weak CB market this year. We absolutely have to sign at least one though.

9. JCBRAVE

Offseason plan: sign 1 of the top FA CB's, and draft another one high in the draft

and if we can get one who can field kicks even better

team basically fixed in those 2 moves..

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I think we will sign a CB and draft at least two. We are extremely desperate at corner. We have absolutely nothing there.

I also don't think pass rusher can be ignored. No one thinks of it because of the success we had this year, but much do Orakpo and Morgan have left in the tank? Can't be much.

Plus you can never have enough pass rushers.

Also would be nice to have good ILBs. Williamson sucks. I was a fan just because he provided good value as a 5th round pick, but that dude cannot cover and isn't all that in the run game either IMO.

We still have a ways to go, but there are no excuses to not at least win this crap division next year.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar