Loggains, Another Munchak Experiment:

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GrandMajesty1, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandMajesty1

GrandMajesty1 Special Teams Standout

Many coaches and coordinators got their first start at the Pro Level at a young age, and few do go on to have solid standout careers...I think Mike Munchak for the most part is really trying to find his own ground these last past several years as a "head coach" in the NFL, experimenting with various coaches and schemes, trying desperately to find his own competitive leveled playing field....

I think what many fans forget, especially under Palmer, that in 2011 the Tennessee Titans had one of the more productive years as an offense, especially with Nate Washington and Matt Hasselbeck respectfully.....Chris Johnson had the same plays and attempts no more or less, than previous years and ran behind practically the same offensive line from 2010 (just had a career funk for a moment)....as always in franchise past, we never build on the team from the previous season that had great success and always seem to tear the walls back down due to salary cap or coaching changes....Hasselbeck should've been kept under center going into 2012, with Carl Nicks and Mario Williams being signed as "free agents" instead of the "great and pitiful Peyton Manning pursuit." You can blame Bud for that, but Munchak and the front office should've really pushed to reason with the senile old man....

I think if "any" coach should've been fired, it should've been Jerry Grey ( Mikes close friend) not Chris Palmer...Dowell Loggains I hope will be a success as a young coordinator, but really think that this is just a move made a little too prematurely by Munchak, who doesn't have the expert eye as a strong foreseer of "what's best for the future." Chris Palmer with the offense the Titans have now, (especially wide receiver core) could've really done some special things, but hopefully, (with many fans thinking that we need to get back to run first), Loggains will surprise many and develop Locker into a solid quarterback for 2013....

Mike Heimerdinger, (one of the two best coordinators) the franchise ever has had, opened up the offense into a very productive passing style that transformed Steve McNair into a league MVP and solid all around passing QB....I think Munchak really needs this year to showcase that he is worthy of long term "head coaching" status, without going back to the drawing board, and flip flopping coaches.....Frank Bush was another terrible decision....

2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Chris Palmer was not a competent coach, in 1 and a half years I saw nothing that led me to believe he was.

As for Gray... I think he was a decent coach, but was awful at calling plays.

I'm willing to bet he is let go at the season's end regardless of how we do.

If we do well, it was because of Williams, if we don't, it was because we didn't give Williams full reign.

Either way, I don't think he will be here next year.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

In reality Gray and Palmer should both have been canned but Munch brought in Williams for now instead of canning Gray. If the defense suck we would need to can both Gray and Williams after this season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

How do you know that Frank Bush didn't simply teach the LB's everything he knew? Maybe he was all tapped out and had nothing left to offer our LB's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar