Loggains Expected Full-Time Role '13

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well Wyatt knows there are fans, wonder if anyone at BSP does?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Let's give him a fighting chance with an offensive line and an offseason before we start all the negative comments towards him, IMO.

3. Aquam

Aquam Rookie

The reality is, it's the same formula. Promoting from within. Was the QB coach, can't imagine how stellar of a job he did at that. And now, having proved nothing., he's our o.c. His resume in football is a blank page before the titans. Sick of it

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

cant argue the point.

5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Can't argue the point either. Atleast if he sucks, the entire coaching staff will be fired...I kind of like the idea of continuation though...I think Munchak is a bad coach as of now, but he hasn't done a horrible job given the situation that he's been in. Maybe giving these guys one more shot is actually the best thing for us.#glasshalffullmode

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I mean what else do you expect from munchak. All he does is hire his friends, hes afraid to man up and make a decision that might make him look like the bad guy!

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

All of the local beat writers say Munch is an extremely loyal guy. Perhaps not quite to the extent of Fisher. But that's really not saying much. I think the Palmer firing was a total CYA move.

We were so, so bad and having such a disappointing season SOMEONE had to go. Fan outrage was at its highest of the season up to that point. And Munch doesn't have the clout and track record Fisher did to just say "Trust me, I got this" and make absolutely no changes. I truly believe if Bud hadn't gone so far in making his discontent known, Palmer would not have been fired. At least not mid-season.

Total CYA.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

LOL good point. Our QB play/progression has been so top-notch since Loggains has been coaching the position, a promotion and ton of added responsibility was only logical.

It really drives me crazy the way we constantly promote from within. It's like we think we're actually a quality/winning organization or something.

9. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

We have seen in recent history that is not the case.

Fisher was fired, but a good majority of his staff was kept. Loggains, Munchak, Watterson, Heimerdinger, Robertson (DB coach), Lowery, McGinnis. All leftovers Munchak used in 2011. Most left on their own not fired. Munch did fire Dinger though, and it was said he had full control to hire and fire anyone on the staff, which he didn't do.

I don't have high hopes for the staff being restructured.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6101875

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mike Munchak has exhausted all options if this is where we're at.

Does he not have anyone else he can call?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar