1. Pardon our mess as we continue to update the new forum software. Big thanks to Mike and Preditan for all their help in the transition. If you run into any problems, put them in the Update Thread.

Loggains working to improve Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

I don't think a play action is on the ability to be able the hide the ball.

If a QB that has a completion percentage of 20% can hide the ball really well on a roll out pass, is suppose to scare me, then I will fail as a defensive coordinator..

Give me a QB that has 70% completion percentage and can't hide the ball well in a roll out pass.
  2. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

It doesn't even need to be a roll out. It can simple be quick hand magic that can get a defender to come down and leave a small opening.

If our run game forces teams to really come down often, (Let's hope, cuz that's the only way good PA happens) then little things such as technique will force defenders out of place on PA. Just cuz he might not be the most accurate ever, has no effect if the run game makes defenders come up to help.

If the run game is a mess, then of course no defender is going to get too excited... It's a two part domino effect. I'm not sure how you truly think play action works.

Ensconatus: @jwyattsports has the play action plays with locker been smooth at hiding the ball from the defenders eyes?

@jwyattsports: Ensconatus So far, looks pretty good

That's some what encouraging.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Oh yeah, I like to hear that, but we are talking about training camp in the first week.

Let's hope this carries on when it counts.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

2:20, 3:10. Good Brady fakes. Specially 3:10. Look at how hard the lbs bite and move with the line.

Lockers play action at 0:17 seconds looks awfully choppy compared to watching Brady.

And that ten plays installs very little confidence in him for me. Most of those plays were fluky as all hell.
  5. 520

520 Starter

since those are the only 2 styles of offense ever then it has to be one of those
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

Saints style offense would be cool but we pay one rb way to much to be much a part of a committee.
  7. 520

520 Starter

you jus showing off your connection with j dub
  8. amy

amy Starter

and how many years has Brady been playing? And was he as smooth his first season? just asking
  9. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

Well of course the experience difference is huge. I'm not saying Locker can't do these things or that he should automatically be Brady level good. Just that the crisper those fakes get the better off we will be. Not being cynical, just honest.