LOL at the major Toyota recall.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jessestylex, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]
    Nothing is as manley as my Trac!

just imagine that in black and a 4x4! Outta my way rice burners I got 6 cylinders of Vtech power - lol

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

Do you keep your car keys in your purse next to your coupon booklet..? ;)

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]
    Brady took it from me!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

I guess we shouldnt be suprised to find such silly commentary on a titans forum.. (and i am mainly dissing those titans fans still excited about worthless achievements like CJs 2k yard season and we didnt even make the play offs)

So here yet again is some dude celebrating not a victory of any sort but a failure of a car manufacturer.

Seriously you have do have a couple of nuts loose if you think that corrupt and greedy car makers like Ford now have a hand up on a company like toyota.
    You really think people are so short sighted they have forgotten years and years of sub standard products, even deadly products..(ford roll over cases are still fresh in my mind) that were designed with obsolesces in mind instead of longevity now you want people to think that because toyota had a major default that some how this washes away years and years of bad business practices?

Bro who are you kidding? The same CEOs that flew into washington in private jets to beg for money to stay afloat are the same morons you want us to believe are now building better cars?

What is the logic in that, when they had money to pay for better parts, equipment, employees they instead wound up building cars with sub standard parts, poorly manufactured cars that were even risky to consumers, and actually killed quite a few of them. NOw we are supposed to put our faith yet again in these very same companies that have even less money to spend building better vehicles? How do you figure that makes any sense?

Unless of course you want to argue that ford and gm always knew how to build better cars. They just chose to build death traps because it saved them money and helped their numbers shoot up on the stock market..(then cross your fingers as you jump into that "manly car"...

and this post from a guy who owns a gm car that became absolete as of late 2008....(and i still got 4 months left on the note for a car that is more or less worthless)

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

As if every other carmaker hasn't had a recall. I've had a multitude of new and used Fords, GM and Toyotas and I'll take the Toyota every time...

My Tundra in the driveway and Landcruiser in the garage...
    [​IMG]

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

its 2010 not 1979. Barry is president not Jimbo.

Ford did not get a bailout.

my 94' Ranger has 229k miles on it and runs great.

[​IMG]
    its 2.3L of stick shifting uber machismo steel baby!

Nipponise tire maker Bridgestone was largely held responsible for the rollover situations, that and people driving their SUVs like they were F1s or something. You do realize that the Japanese car makers learned everything they know from the American car makers.

Dude you bought an orange bowtie! What did you really expect? Did you really expect too get 200k miles? 100k miles? What Chevys lack in styling they make up for in lack of performance and dependability, but at least the gas pedals work.

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

You are correct, I misspoke...thanks for correcting me on that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Still loving my 00' Ford Explorer.
    [​IMG]

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

2010 Highlanders were recalled, 2009s were not. Know why? 2010s are the ones made in America... to be precise, Indiana.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You can't only go by a company's reputation as the deciding factor to whether or not you buy from them. You're better off looking at it from a case by case basis and doing a little homework. Sure American cars have a bad history, but all makes and models have some bad history. I've been to hell and back in my Durango and it's held up amazingly. I couldn't ask for more from it, I'm defiantly getting my moneys worth out of it. And I'm in favor of any car that can take my test drives. Even a Saturn if it held up after me poking and checking everything.

I think Toyota is doing a fine job at cleaning up this issue. Peoples lives are at risk, this isn't a seat belt that gets stuck, or a light that won't turn off. It's an accelerator that could send you on your merry way earlier than you'd like. And whats worse is that anyone could get killed just because that guy in his car can't control it. How bad would it be if you were in your 94 Ranger or w.e. and a new Toyota model comes and T-boned your butt, and you never saw it coming. Toyota can't afford to have that reputation as the coffin on wheels, so they'd rather have the one they do now. That they messed up and are willing to man up about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar