Lol @ Dowell Loggains

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Why would he let this out????

Cleveland quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains said a text he received from Johnny Manziel on the opening night of the NFL draft last Thursday helped get the ball rolling toward the Browns picking the former Texas A&M star quarterback.

During a radio interview on "SportsTalk with Bo Mattingly" on ESPN Arkansas 96.3, Loggains said that as Manziel slid down the draft board, he sent him a text that read: "I wish you guys would come get me. Hurry up and draft me because I want to wreck this league together."

Added Loggains: "When I got that text, I forwarded it to the owner (Jimmy Haslam) and to the head coach (Mike Pettine). I'm like, 'This guy wants to be here. He wants to be part of it.' As soon as that happened, Mr. Haslam said, 'Pull the trigger. We're trading up to go get this guy.'"

The Browns eventually traded up from No. 26 to No. 22, sending the Philadelphia Eagles a third-round pick as well to select the former Heisman Trophy winner.

Loggains said the Browns actually tried to move up to No. 11 with the Titans and No. 16 with the Cowboys in the draft.

"Mr. Haslam and Coach Pettine had called me down to the draft room a couple of times throughout the night, and we had almost made trades with Tennessee and Dallas and backed out,'' he said in the radio interview. " ... We were sitting there, and Coach Pettine keeps texting me, and we're going back and forth and we're going, 'Hey does Dallas take him here? No they won't. Does St. Louis take him at 13?' We knew we had to get in front of the Chiefs (at No. 23) because we knew they would draft him.''

Loggains also said in the interview that Haslam was very high on Manziel, who was the top quarterback on the team's draft board.

"It was Manziel and then everybody else," Loggains said.

2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

What's the big deal? I don't see where he's letting out any big secret...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I wonder if Bilbo realises he probably sent a generic text like that to every team.

• High Five High Five x 10
  4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Whaaaaat? - No way! - Johnny Douchebag wouldn't do that to Bilbo.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

A thread of revelations ! Johnny Douche can type a sentance and Loggains can actually read. I need a cold soda before I read anymore of this stuff.....:pointlaugh:

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I think the Browns really messed up by trading up for Johnny. I doubt the Chiefs, Bengals, or Chargers would of took Johnny - if they did, big whoop... take Bridgewater.

With that 3rd they used to trade up, for no reason, lost them at getting a WR. Which they need.. .bad.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Loggains+Manziel :biglaugh:

• High Five High Five x 8
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

DANGER ZONE.
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

If nothing else, what Loggains said lends credence to the idea that the Titans almost had a deal to trade down with the Browns. In retrospect, I believe Webster should have found a way to make the deal happen. Sounds like he just asked for too much and the Browns bailed.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

confirms that Webster is a liar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar