Long Injured at Training Camp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: DT Rien Long was injured during Saturday afternoon's practice. Long was carted off the practice field after suffering an injury to his right ankle or lower leg. The injury occurred during the first padded, one-on-one drills between offensive and defensive linemen. Long is entering his fourth season and had 29 tackles including 3.5 sacks in 2005.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Let's hope it isn't as bad as it sounds.

3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Hope not. But i feel that we have a good enough rotation without him and the addition of Jesse

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It looks like an Achilles injury and could be a season-ender for him. Clauss might have a job after all.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Sounds like a tear. Put a fork in him- he's done.

6. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

On the 6:00 p.m. news, Neil O'Donnell said he would be out for the season.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Thank god. I didn't want O'Donnell as a back up again.

8. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Sorry; the antecedent of the pronoun was Rein Long.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Bummer. If he's out, I wonder if a guy like White or Littlejohn can put up a good fight with Santa Clauss.

10. smili

smili Starter

Would've liked to have seen long play this year, but I guess the good news is it's an area where we currently have depth. Long seemed to be coming along well.

Wait for the first cornerback injury or O-line injury and watch us scramble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar