Longhorns drafted?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Ontario Titan, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The program in Florida that recruits the best in that state will be a national championship contender every year. Right now that team is Florida St. Miami has had their runs in the past and Florida has had theirs but Florida St. is the big dog now and their location gives them an edge in recruiting in Alabama, Georgia and the Carolinas.

Florida St is geographically closer to the gulf coast of Alabama than Tuscaloosa is. It's not automatic that Bama will get most of the top recruits from there but Saben has gotten them.

In getting Texas recruits Texas UT and Oklahoma have been the big dogs but A&M is equal now and Texas tech is emerging.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It's not so much the school I don't like. It's the state, and the people.

HOOK EM!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Love the state of Texas and the people.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lived there twice for just over a year combined

There are definatly worse places, but if they build a wall around it I would contribute - lol

5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

People from Texas have very skewed (wrong) views of how the world works and would work if Texas was it's own country.

I say let them try. Almost like when my 8 year old nephew thinks he can do my Calculus lesson plans.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm not sure how you can generalize about the people from any state in this country but Texas especially. 46% of the state is not white, 35% of the state is Spanish speaking. A decent number of Texans came from some place else like many of us have.

I have studied this to some degree. There is no real Tex-Mex cuisine. There is Mexican cuisine and Texas cuisine and they are both great but there is no real Tex-mex. I once asked a Mexican American girl i worked whose family had been in Texas for 150 years if her mom every cooked chili. No she never did. That's what i'm talking about.

If it bothers people that Texans or Texicans are proud people maybe we could learn from that because we have a lot of inferiority small market syndrome here.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And it's no surprise why shortbus loves it there.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The link made me hungry.

As i said you have have 2 distinct cuisines Mexican and Texas. Chili powder was commercialized by Texans and while spice combinations used in Mexican cooking may be similar Mexicans don't normally use chili powder.

The 2 dishes mentioned as Tex-mex by the wiki article are fajitas and chile. They are Texas dishes. The chain Chilis popularized the fajita.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Normally i don't respond to gunny's posts on this board but i will respond here. So it is fine with you to generalize about 21 million people? They all think alike?

For an uneducated moron perhaps. Since you think it is ok i'll generalize about all Australians since there are more people in Texas than Australia.

Based on your posts Australians must all be weak minded cowards with no real opinions and never an original thought to be found. "Shortbus" real original. Are you Alex's b*tch?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar