looking ahead...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vinceisalive, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinceisalive

vinceisalive Camp Fodder

leaving aside all those that think we need to draft a qb or another wr in the first 3 rounds of next year's draft, or sign a big-time FA qb/wr...

what do you think our team needs to do in the upcoming offseason to make the biggest roster improvement?

we have a big need in our pass coverage.
    we will have multiple holes in the defense to fill after we lose around 10 starters.
    we could always use more offensive line.
    we need huge improvement in all aspects of special teams.

so where do we begin?

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Head Coach
    Defensive Coordinator
    Offensive Coordinator
    Special Teams Coach

3. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Well personnel aside (because I honestly think thats where we need to start..HC on down). I would say..

Defense !! If we could pick up a DLineman whether DT or DE..I really think we could use a young aggressive pass rusher.

Sticking with that same theme..a CB. I think its really time to start investing in some quality players at this position

Special Teams...KR/PR

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I say DE, then DB.

Even if we do re-sign KVB, we're gonna need help on the other side. Finnegan is a stud for us but he will need some help too.

I see those 2 areas as the biggest needs.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Re-Sign Bulluck (3-4 years)
    Re-Sign Amano
    Give Mawae a one year extension - if price is right (otherwise we have Harris)
    Re-Sign Tony Brown
    Re-Sign Stephen Tulluch

Let go of Alge Crumpler, Nick Harper, Kearse, and Bo Scaife ... LenDale?

Sign Rod Hood to like a 3-4 year deal.

1st round draft a DE, 3rd round a KR/CB, 3rd round (comp) a LB or QB

I'm liking Carlos Dunlap (DE FLA) or Corey Wootten (DE Northwestern) in the 1st

QB: VY, Kerry Collins, John David Booty?
    DLINE: DEs: Jacob Ford, William Hayes, SenDerrick Marks (move to DE), 1st Rounder
    DTs: Tony Brown, Jason Jones, Jovan Haye, and Kevin Vickerson
    CB: Finnegan, Hood, Mouton, McCourtey, 3rd Rounder, Fuller

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Uhhhhh.....thank god you don't manage this team.

Resigning Bulluck would be nice but I don't know if he wants to be here unless we finish really well, he's running out of time and wants a Super Bowl.

Why in the world would you want Amano back here the guy sucks and won't take back-up money. Mawae needs to retire so Harris can take over he's ancient anyway. Tony Brown needs to go to he's fine when taking on one blocker but get washed out too easily, plus we need space for when we draft Gerald McCoy. Your suggestion of moving Senderrick Marks to DE is laughable and Rod Hood played one game let's see what he does the rest of he year to warrant a 3-4 contract extension. I agree with signing Tully and KB and that's about it. Carlos Dunlap is the most overrated player in the draft by the way.

QB- Collins is gone
    RB- White is gone which is fine since I think Ringer would do better besides the goaline.
    TE- Bo and Alge are gone. Gonna miss Bo
    G- Amano is gone I hope
    C-Mawae retires
    DE- Kearse and Dave Ball are gone for sure I hope we keep KVB if reasonably priced which I don't see why it wouldn't because of his quite season.
    DT- Brown is gone
    OLB-KB might walk I hope not
    MLB- Tully needs to be resigned he's right now our best lb
    CB- Harper take a walk insert Hood IF he continues his strong play
    S- Would love to see Donnie Nickey not resigned he's honestly my least favorite player in the NFL.
    P- Hentrich is done

Quit the list...offseason will not be uneventful stay tuned

7. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

I really think we need to let KVB, Kearse, and crump go.
    I think Bo is underated and needs to stay.
    Jason Jones should be moved to DE where people would be forced to double team him. He reminds me of Dwight Freeny. Let Sen Marks move to DT. Ford/Hays other DE
    Resign Hood 2-3 draft a developmental corner if the ones we have can't handle it.
    Ammano is decent, but I think he can easily be replaced.
    Im not really wanting to make a change at O-Coordinator because vince isn't smart enough to learn an entirly new playbook, he will be a rook all over again.
    I would love for us to draft a Beast of a linebacker. We need someone on the D with that Killer instinct.

8. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

After we win this years superbowl everyone is gonna stay so this to early to talk about this. :)

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Kerry won't be gone, he still has a year on his contract and he'll stay just to make that money. :(
    I agree with your TEs and RB
    Amano isn't that bad
    Mawae isn't probably done and will get a position in the NFLPA
    Is Kearse a FA? David Ball doesn't even play.
    Bulluck might have hinted that he doesn't want to be here, but has he actually said I dont want to be a Titan? It wouldn't surprise me if he goes to a high powered team.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I might have come off as a dick in my previous post annoying gf and college will do that.

IDK Collins hinted he was gone if he didn't start we'll see. If he was willing to restructure (doubtful) that would be nice since he could mentor VY or our next draft pick for a year.

I really dislike Amano as a starter he's adequate at best but a solid backup. We need a big physical G because he gets manhandled against top DT's with a decent bull rush. Well see if Mawae hangs around but at this point I'd rather see the younger more physical Harris as long as he worked on his shotgun snap.

Kearse, Ball and KVB are all FA's and the only one worth keeping is KVB if the price is right or we might have to take a DE with our #1 unless we sign a above average starter in FA.

KB is hard to read we'll see I think he's moving on barring we pull of a miracle run...maybe 8-8 keeps him around but we have a tough schedule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar